Learned Something New

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Leaving the machine shop with my brother decided to shoot by JLT and pick up his new CAI. Now I'm about 235 and he is 250. We had both the heads off his car in the trunk wrapped up. Hit the road and heading to the highway. Pass by a silver Z06 while cutting through traffic.

Get on the highway and see him coming off the ramp and shoot to the far outside lane. Guy appears to be in his late 30s to early 40s. It's after lunch so traffic isn't that bad the way were headed. He pulls up beside us and looks over with a wave. Brother looks at him and waves back. Here we go. He says time to stretch slo motion out ( his name for the car not mine). I shift to 5th letting the Z know we can do this and let off the gas allowing the car to slow down.

He waves us off and gives a forward motion has he picks up speed. I'm a littlel confused but look up the road has I increase speed. We get to about 70ish and he flashes 3 fingers and starts the honk. What the heck, this guy wants to go from a 70mph roll. By the second honk i'm shifting to 3rd gear because I believe I'm a little to fast for 2nd.

3rd honk and we both nail it. He jumps a car on me immediately. Who have me the turbo because my car feels like it has a lag to it. Seems like a second goes by before the supercharger wakes up and starts whining. Top of 3rd gear and my front bumper is even with his rear. Snatch 4th and slowly and I mean slowly coming around him. This is ricdilious. Brother yelling if you don't get around it you defintely won't hear the end of this one. Top of 4th and my bumper is even with his mirror on the P door.

Grab 5th and ever so slightly get my front bumper in front of his has we shut down coming up on traffic. I'm looking at the Z has were slowing down and he gives the head nod and holds up the 1 more time. We get through traffic and get another open stretch on the bridge. This time were at about 80mph when we slam it. He jumps about 3/4 of a car and were deep in it. Snatch 4th and get my front bumper at his door and slowly working my way to the front. Top of 4th and were dead even. Grab 5th (defintely out shifting him by the sound of his shifts) and middle of 5th I have a half of car him when my gauges start flashing so have to get out of it.

Has we shut down he goes pass and gets in front of us and waves to pull over. We get off the first exit and pull in the Mc Donalds. While were chatting he states he's been wanting to try a Cobra for the longest from a decent roll instead of the normal 40-50 area. Real cool guy. Car is a 09 with LTs, Beehive intake, rocker arm upgrade, catback, and tune. Said he's saving up for a cam and head package. Met a guy with an 08 Z with AFRs and cam plus a few more mods that is wicked fast. Car is called the Reaper. I bust out laughing because that's my old car. He goes wild and saying he was dying to meet the original owner because he has tons of questions that the guy really couldn't answer about the car lol.

While were talking I grab my tuner and check the car to see what's up with the enging light. I have codes P013A and C. Never fails. Everytime I take the car out and do some serious top side runs something goes wrong. We wrap up the conversation and has were about to leave he says I have to know how I would do from your best. We get back on the highway and do a 45mph roll. I'm in 2nd and he honks it off. I immediately pull about 2 1/2 to 3 cars on him through 2nd going to 3rd. Maybe get another car through 3rd and then start shutting down because were in State Trooper territory coming around by the mall exit. Great guy and small world. Now have to find out what the codes are and start building some more HP, Never Ever had someone want to go from a 70-80 mph roll. I know if the car still had the 3.55s it would have been on the bad side out there because they pull nothing like it does now up top.

Need to find my boost to because that is my first time ever trying the car around 70 in 3rd. No slamming into the seat or hard pull at all. By the time the car went to work I was already a car behind. Live and learn.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Great kill! Ive had very few go from 70+ rolls but my gearing seems to like it. Lucky for me I find slow cars to race. Lol

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Great kill! Ive had very few go from 70+ rolls but my gearing seems to like it. Lucky for me I find slow cars to race. Lol

I know, I'm the first that he said ever tried that. Once he get the rest of his mods done I won't stand a chance. Would have to be Z on Z but then he won't stand a chance. Crazy how just adding another 35 mph to the initial hit speed changes everything lol.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Good read and great kill op. If I was the brother I would've been talking the same shit. Kinda like that last scene on bad boys part 1 where the porsche was racing the shelby cobra.:beer::D love that scene.

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using an android phone

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah but since were riding in my car since his is blowed up he needs to keep quiet. Bolted his heads on today and will spend tomorrow degreeing the cams in. On a side note at the HP level I'm at, I thought it would be worst for the Z. I believe if we start at a 100mph the Z would stayed beside me and began to walk off has the numbers increased. I barely got the bumper in front of him and it was all shifting. Another 300-500 ft and he would have began walking away.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Good runs, too bad you didn't get a vid even on your phone. This is always why I like to go from a low roll or a dig, haven't ever done a 70 roll.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Going to miss this summer. Leaving in 3 weeks so will be putting the cars in storage. Trying to help my brother get his finished and dynoed before I leave. Shooting for the 1000+ Hp area. Normally most days over 50 I'm out and about enjoying the last days with the Shelby and Z.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Good runs, too bad you didn't get a vid even on your phone. This is always why I like to go from a low roll or a dig, haven't ever done a 70 roll.

What's sad is neither of us thought to pull out our phones. 2 I4s and a Galaxy s2 between the both of us and no footage. Kinda caught up in the moment. I normally do the slow roll ons or deads but this one guy took me up to 70 and started. Never did it before with the car but it really felt dead from the hit. I know if the original gears were still in the car he would have walked away. The little 2.9 gave all it had lol

Users who are viewing this thread