Learned lesson the hard way tonight!

buckinwild

Established Member
Ok so here's the situation, I'm at work and decide since the temps are in the teens to go start my car before the end of my shift and promptly go back inside, all is well and good until.........I go to leave and push the button on my fob and nothing happens, no door locks no trunk release NOTHING!!!! The car is running and I'm locked out:cuss:I've never had a car thats worked this way prior to the Mach, not even my GT I don't think, what the "H" were they thinking?? Is it suppose to work like that? Anyway it idled for a good 40 min. until my ole lady showed up with the spare key. 3 cars before the Mach that had key fobs that unlocked doors with the engine running now this SOB doesn't work that way, do we not lock the doors with the engine running I guess? just doesn't seem right to me.:mj:Just venting:mj:

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
my 03 mach does the same thing. my 07 Screw works though. Looks like the engineers at ford realized the problem and corrected it.

EVO-lution

Established Member
i just leave the doors unlocked. even when I'm at work. 5min before I leave i start it up and walk to the front of my building and swipe out. just have another dummy key made for like $5 so u can just carry it around just to unlck the doors. U can bend the window back with a strong enough rod or blank of wood to stick your arm down. I've done it with my previous cobra a couple times. Just don't bend it too much.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
You can also use the antenna to push the unlock button after you put your keys in your car and lock them for safe keeping...

Drinking makes you do weird things.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I have done the same thing but it was inmy 97 explorer, i tryed to stick a screw driver in the rear wing window to pop the latch off like id done before but it was -15 out and my screw driver was warm from being in the house and BAM shattered the window,

Found one in a junk yard for 30 bucks with the same tint so it worked out ok!

but i learned my lesson,

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
Same thing, previous car's I've owned allowed me to lock the key in but keep the FOB to open the doors.

I did the same thing you did at the bar I work at.. in the middle of a torential downpour, at 3 am, 45min from home. Wife was NOT happy at all..

buckinwild

Established Member
I have done the same thing but it was inmy 97 explorer, i tryed to stick a screw driver in the rear wing window to pop the latch off like id done before but it was -15 out and my screw driver was warm from being in the house and BAM shattered the window,

Found one in a junk yard for 30 bucks with the same tint so it worked out ok!

but i learned my lesson,

Same thing, previous car's I've owned allowed me to lock the key in but keep the FOB to open the doors.

I did the same thing you did at the bar I work at.. in the middle of a torential downpour, at 3 am, 45min from home. Wife was NOT happy at all..

My deal wasn't so bad afterall or I should say guess it could've been worse.

Last edited:

buckinwild

Established Member
I did not know this ...thanks for finding this out for me! :lol1:
No prob, that was another reason for posting the little mishap, figured that there may be some that wasn't aware that it worked that way. The boards helped me out on occasion(s), I was just returning the favor.;-)

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Or you could just do what i do... Remote start, stays locked, and runs up to 30min max. I also have it with a Viper alarm system so i can only use the aftermarket FOBs when the cars on or off, but with the ford FOBs wouldnt unlock it or pop the trunk. But when the cars off, i can use the Ford FOBs whenever as a back up

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Take the spare key and zip tie it under the bumper somewhere, then if you need it you can twist it off (break the zip tie) and use the key..

Users who are viewing this thread