"Learn me" polished exhaust!!!

Common

Established Member
I know there have been few threads but let's hear it on the polishing of the pipes.

Full plan and course in which order to do what..............

I know the sand paper is given, but what grit, what polish..........etc etc.

Thx boys. and since this is such a simple appearance "mod" we might want to make it a sticky and have it for all to see at all times.:thumbsup:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474555

First I cleaned them off with an abrasive pad and some wheel cleaner
then I sanded with 400, 1000, 1500 and finally hit it with my Porter Cable. I put a coat of Never Dull on them when they were done.

I didn't take as much time on them as I wish I would have, i'm going to redo them one of these days and take a full day or weekend on them taking my time. I only spent about 3 hours on them from start to finish this time.

Josh

I used Menzerna super intensive polish with an orange pad
If you take your time you can get them to come out much better than mine did. You may want to think about getting the larger imperfections with a grittier paper and working from there. The more sand paper increments you use the smoother it will be.

Yeah I quoted myself!

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I wet sanded with 1000 grit, then 1500 grit, then I used Mother's Power Metal and the Power Ball on a drill.
P4170026.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Time for me to do this. I bought my Stingers used and they are at least 3-4 years old. Tips are pretty much black and not one part of the pipes is still shiny lol.

Users who are viewing this thread