Leaning out when coming to a stop.

Rambro

Established Member
My car will do this thing where on decel and still in gear, then throw it in neutral while coming to a stop, the rpms will dip down to 500 and my a/f gauge will lean out. I can hear the tone of the engine get quiet then the car will recover and settle to normal idle. No issues under wot or part throttle. I've looked over vacuum lines, cleaned IAC and maf and its still doing it.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
In my opinion your A/F gauge is responding to the throttle body slamming shut and your engine going into vacuum. A/F will spike high for a split second but shouldn’t be anything to worry about since it settles back to normal immediately. It’s just sucking up every last bit of residual air in the intake tract behind the closed throttle body and no fuel is being pumped through the injectors. There is no spark being applied at that moment so no damage can occur. If it happens while actually on the throttle then I would be concerned.

Ken

Rambro

Established Member
Yeah it's never died on me or anything just really don't remember doing it before. I did put new plugs in it a month ago but no real changes other than that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread