Lean up top... now no power on load.

SVTContique

So yesterday i went for a 2nd gear pull and around 6 grand the power seemed to really drop off and my AFR jumped into the 12's ... after that the car drove fine (didnt do any more hard pulls). I went out tonight and immediately i could tell something was wrong... The exhaust note was different as soon as i put any sort of load on the engine (enough to get it into closed loop) and it had no balls to it. Turned around and took it home. Car idles fine and sounds normal... if i throttle while stopped i can hear it sounding weird again in the exhaust.

No CEL, no leaks of any kind... nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Does it only happen under boost?

I'm not a expert but it sounds electronic. Check the basics first like plugs, coils, etc...

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Plugs were the first area to check... wouldnt i have a CEL though?

No, you should of seen my plugs before I changed them. No CEL but there's was a miss in the upper RPMs.

Are you still in contact with the shop that tuned your car? Usually if they built the car they'll check it out for you for free.

SVTContique

I put it all together myself, it was tuned in spring of 08 anyways.

Once i have some free time ill pull the plugs and check them out, might just park it for winter and pull the intake apart and clean it all out when i have the time.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I put it all together myself, it was tuned in spring of 08 anyways.

Once i have some free time ill pull the plugs and check them out, might just park it for winter and pull the intake apart and clean it all out when i have the time.

Just start with the basics and what you can do I'm sure it's nothing big.

Users who are viewing this thread