lean condition

Rowdy03svt

Let me start out with some history. I have a 03 with a Kenne Bell 2.8, fore fuel system and 80# injectors. i just picked the car up in January. Car ran great on test drive. buy the car Drive it home about 2 hours. as i'm getting close to home i notice car is hesitating an down on power. Get home call the guy and asked what gives. Said he just cleaned an oiled the CAI filter. so i order a new filter and clean the Maf. Car runs great for awhile. During this time i do general maintenance oil/filter/spark plugs. Car gets backed into by a drunk driver. No real damage, just hood and bumper- spidered paint. Now the car begins to run extremely lean. Car idles perfect but any throttle car goes lean. I mean anything over 1500 car pegs wideband lean 17. So i do the usual clean the Maf, i buy a new IAT sensor and change the fuel filter. still same condition. I reach out to the tuner who did the calibration for the previous owner. says the fuel pumps were maxed out,says to contact fore, Contact fore, a bunch of back and forth and we find out that i have a restrictor disk in the fuel rail and can not be there with their system. i remove it. He tells me the tuner should have noticed a serious problem and never delivered the car. Fore recommends replacing the pumps as running the disk most likey caused them damage. I reach back out to the tuner and ask what he labeled his tune as, because i had 2 on the handheld. just out of curiosity i load the other tune. Car runs decent, no lean condition unless i try to get into boost. but just cruising around wideband shown 13.5 -15.5. My thoughts are the pumps aren't bad other wise it would be going lean instantly just like the other tune? and i'm starting to think its the Maf? any thoughts or suggestions ?
thanks for the help. I do have a different tuner that i use and have used before that will tune this car eventually, just wanted it to be mechanically correct before i took it to have it tuned.
thanks again for the help

Denver_SVT

Established Member
A datalog will tell you what's going on. Try to log the below parameters and make some cruise datalog for 10 mins and make sure you capture the issue you're facing and post the datalog to look at it and try to help you.
  • Intake Air Temp
  • Intake Air Temp2 F
  • Engine Coolant Temperature
  • Long term fuel trim bank 1
  • Long term fuel trim bank 2
  • Short term fuel trim bank 1
  • Short term fuel trim bank 2
  • Actual Voltage at Pump
  • Fuel Pump Voltage from Table
  • Pressure Drop Accross Fuel Injectors
  • Return-less Fuel Pump Duty Cycle
  • X Axis Input Value For Return-less Voltage Table