leaky differential

Laxpaint5

Established Member
Changed the oil in my car and noticed a leaky differential on my 03. Took it to the dealer and they said that if I would have driven another couple of miles the rear would have went up. Its gettinig replaced under warrenty. The car only has 20000 miles on it. Has anyone else had the same problem. I dont race the car at the track and I dont have drag radials.

On a good note its getting fixed by wed and friday I have a tuning session with a predator and some dyno pulls :D at amazon racing in edgwood Maryland.

TRIXSNK

DAILY DRIVEN!
Established Member
I'm in the same boat :bash:

I just orderd my diff brace and i'm not sure if i should bring it back to the dealer for them to re-seal it or if i should just put the diff brace on and re-seal it myself. :shrug:

What exactly are they replacing?

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Mine just got back from the dealership to day for the same thing . They replaced it under warrenty at 31000 miles.

03phil

Established Member
Had the same problem. Ask the tech working on your car to use the grey diesel silicone and then get a billetflow irs brace. Just my .02

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Mine is leaking now too. Noticed it this weekend when I was changing out the clutch. Not sure if I trust my local dealer to change it or not, or if I should head back to Tucson to have it fixed.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Got an appointment on the 29th to get mine fixed in Tucson. I swear this will be the last trip to the dealership unless something serious breaks.

Chris

SONICSNAKE03

Established Member
wow, this is weird as hell. i jsut took mine in today for the same thing. aswell as some other stuff. ive only got 11000 miles on mine. what exactly causes the problem? the wheelhop?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
SONICSNAKE03 said:
...snip..what exactly causes the problem? the wheelhop?

Wheelhop and weak-ass rear diff cover. Get the Billetflow brace for it, stop the flexing. Reduce chance of the leaking.

TRIXSNK

DAILY DRIVEN!
Established Member
Well guys just crawlled under the car last night and found the lower bolt on the diff cover to be a bit loose so i tightened it down and had to top off the diff w/ 1/2 qt of the Ford synth. 75/140 gear oil and no signs of leaking again yet....the diff brace goes on friday :thumbsup:

Too bad the fluid costs so damn much $30 + at my dealer for 1 :cuss: qt!

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
TRIXSNK said:
Too bad the fluid costs so damn much $30 + at my dealer for 1 :cuss: qt!
That just makes me feel even better about letting Ford fix it for me. I thought about doing it since I have access to a lift, but the $10 p/qt for the syncromesh in the tranny was too much, let alone $30 p/qt for this stuff!

Fast Willy

Established Member
Just got my car back the other day from that. The dealer fixed it not problem and no questiosn asked. Its becuase of wheel hop makes the rearend twist causing the silcone seal to losen. Get a set of full length sub fram connectors and and irs brace.

Users who are viewing this thread