Leaking Prochargers.... How many?

8urzo6

Established Member
I'm just curious to see how may have had a leaking procharger. I just installed a F1A on my coyote swap notch and it started leaking in the driveway. I haven't even driven it yet... Not vey happy.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
a brand new kit? I'd call them, they should pay to ship it both ways and for the seal replacement. i know it's time and a pain but if it's new that's what I'd do.

I had a P1SC that I bought used. It leaked ever since I bought it. I ran it and just kept an eye on the oil level. Never ended up being an issue but I was pretty meticulous about keeping it topped off. It would leak about a quarter size spot on the ground if it sat for a week. sold that kit and bought a lightly used D1SC kit when I built my motor. Immediately sent the D1SC in to be inspected because i wasn't throwing that on a brand new motor to only have issue. Procharger said it was in great condition but the seals needed replaced. I had them replace it and I have a about 1500 miles or so on it and no leak so far.

good luck.

8urzo6

Established Member
a brand new kit? I'd call them, they should pay to ship it both ways and for the seal replacement. i know it's time and a pain but if it's new that's what I'd do.

I had a P1SC that I bought used. It leaked ever since I bought it. I ran it and just kept an eye on the oil level. Never ended up being an issue but I was pretty meticulous about keeping it topped off. It would leak about a quarter size spot on the ground if it sat for a week. sold that kit and bought a lightly used D1SC kit when I built my motor. Immediately sent the D1SC in to be inspected because i wasn't throwing that on a brand new motor to only have issue. Procharger said it was in great condition but the seals needed replaced. I had them replace it and I have a about 1500 miles or so on it and no leak so far.

good luck.

Yes its a brand new kit. From what they told me Im the 3rd coyote swap kit they have sold. I will be calling them on Tuesday.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Yes its a brand new kit. From what they told me Im the 3rd coyote swap kit they have sold. I will be calling them on Tuesday.

yeah that sucks. hell i'd almost see if they could send me a new one and swap it then send the old back so you don't have any down time. Or make sure they put you at the top of the priority list. With the nicer weather it could take them longer. When I sent mine in I had it back in under 7 days. 2 day drip there, 2 days at procharger and 2 days back. It was like november or december though.

466scj

Old School Stangbanger
Established Member
Wow,nice to know.Hate to hear that..good luck!I am sure they will make it right.

8urzo6

Established Member
Well it was what I suspected. They pinched the O-ring between the case halves. It is repaired now and back on the car. Back to Tuning...

Users who are viewing this thread