Leaked 2015 Photos :: Mark your calendars!! Dec 5th the new Mustang will be unveiled!

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
Performance is going to make the past generations look silly. IRS, an increase in power, a decrease in weight and dimension= killer track times. I think this car is going to be a huge hit. I'm glad they are moving past the retro look, I was sick of it in 2007.

For the most part, this is basically the case with almost any long-running car. As much attention as the original Falcon-based classic Mustangs get, stock for stock they are totally obsolete when compared to the S197s. For all intents and purposes, I wouldn't doubt the S550's successor will outperform it too, as time marches on technology improves this is basically the only likely outcome.

I don't think the S550 has ditched everything retro, the lines are still very similar to the S197 IMO, the tri tailights are still there, and the fascia is essentially almost the current one with new style headlights.

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
One more thing, I've noticed for me a lot of criticism of the car's styling not from Mustang fans themselves, but actually from non-Mustang people whether Camaro guys or Nissan Z-car guys for example. Most of the complaints center around what they feel is the car's loss of identity, being that it looks too much like another car (Aston Martin, Fusion, 370Z, etc.) or that it is styled like any contemporary car without any thought into making it different or special.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I see design cues from other cars sure...

But I believe it's going to look pretty damn good in person. Especially with a spoiler cleaning up the rear and a splitter of some sort drawing up the front.

People saying they want the 4 cylinder gone are just being douches. "How dare Ford put a TT 4cylinder in this car. Who wants a lighter 300+ easily upgradable car from the factory."

2012GTCS

Established Member
It just lost its front end aggressiveness, that is all. Also annoying how Ford revealed the car in Spain and Australia before the country that got the Mustang to 50 years.

Guys, people have opinions. Just cause they dont agree with yours doesnt make them trolls. lol

I love the car and need to see it more to make a decision, but look at the front from the side. Its so....I dont know the word. I keep saying sedan-ish. A Mustang is known to be aggressive, thats what people look for in American muscle

alivingmustang1

Established Member
Well said, and I agree!

Well, the golden age of the Mustang was from 1965 - 1970 and that is how the 2005 to current models have evolved. So, of all the years, I like to base my ideal Mustang from the muscle car era. I think Ford did an awesome job with the 2005 interpretation. Sure, it needed a lot more power and it did eventually get it with competition from Chevy and Dodge. I don't think the engineers based this new one from the 1971-1973 models, nor the Mustang II, not the Fox bodies and nothing from the SN95 era. The emblem is about the only thing that carried over from 1971 - 2004. So, in some sense, I still see more of an influence from the 1965 - 1970 models more than anything else, in the new design. I am referring to the black reardeck, a short trunk and long hood, fastback styling, the wide open mouth grille, the vertical taillights and the upper dashboard. Yet the Audi/Nissan/Fusion cues are all there in the new model as well. This is all fine in dandy, yet this influence makes the lines a bit too busy IMO. I'd like to see smoother transitions, a bit more sharpness in some of the angles, a grille sloped more towards the driver, lose the body color rear valance, integrate some sort of louver design in the rear quarter glass and a more muscular headlight design. With a year out to production, I wouldn't be too surprised if Ford did a little redesign work based on the tons of feedback they'll be receiving of the next couple of months. These Ford design engineers need to loosen up on the Global thing and think American. Only about 10% of the Mustangs will be exported. Included in this 10% is the #2 buyer: Canada. This early release allows the Mustang engineers time to reboot the design of the 2015/16 if the sales are lackluster...:idea:

jtfx6552

Established Member
It's like the opposite of the C7. The C7, I like the front, hate the back. The 2015 Mustang, I like it all, but the front is not aggressive enough.

My GT500 looks like it wants to eat or inhale whatever is in front of it. The new car looks wimpy.

BUT, that's easily changed, usually does change every couple of years,and the speciality models might have a different front right from the get go.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I think for a GT it looks plenty aggressive. A 13/14 GT to SVT Is a big jump and I think this is more front aggressive than they are. Tons of potential for a great looking svt product.

sounds really good too. Has anyone else seen the 'secret reveal' with the people in Britain. They give a few revs and it sounds damn good.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Has the actual weight been shown anywhere?

Edit motor Trend says 200 lbs lighter, but no actual weights given.

Last edited:

aksvt

Established Member
The problem with the design is the simple fact that it does nothing to make you want to look at it over and over again. Hopefully they dump the 4 and really focus on the Coyote. Plus, the whole Global thing is BS...Ford has stated that they only expect to sell 10% globally, most of which will be in Canada. So, it's still an American car and it's okay to keep it looking like one. The Audi/350Z/Fusion lines are a mistake and hopefully the 2016 will be revamped with more muscular lines....Ford, it's okay to be American...

This sums it up!
This thing looks like it was designed for an overseas market, no longer an ameriacn muscle car but a european sports car. For those that say people not liking this latest 15' is becuse they want to feel there older model is still better, i say whatever. I have owned the previous cars, still own the latest car, and can go buy this car if i want. Its not that i think the new looks are horrible, it is a good looking car and i do like the rearend a bit. It just has to much of all those cars mentioned in all the above posts making it look more like everything else on the road rather than a mustang IMO.

Last edited:

LostPony

Established Member
I see design cues from other cars sure...

But I believe it's going to look pretty damn good in person. Especially with a spoiler cleaning up the rear and a splitter of some sort drawing up the front.

People saying they want the 4 cylinder gone are just being douches. "How dare Ford put a TT 4cylinder in this car. Who wants a lighter 300+ easily upgradable car from the factory."

I hear ya! I think this site just breeds negativity. Glad to see a few are not falling into that same train of thought!:beer:

Ford did a good job on it and I'm sure all the Half Shaft companies are more than thrilled the Mustang has IRS in it $$$$$$$$$. I don't see how it would be 200lbs lighter due to it being almost the same width/length .One of the first videos a engineer from Ford said it wasnt much lighter than the previous year so expect 3500 pounds which isn't bad considering it has a IRS in it .Can't wait to see the Cobra .Hopefully TT

jtfx6552

Established Member
Ford did a good job on it and I'm sure all the Half Shaft companies are more than thrilled the Mustang has IRS in it $$$$$$$$$. I don't see how it would be 200lbs lighter due to it being almost the same width/length .One of the first videos a engineer from Ford said it wasnt much lighter than the previous year so expect 3500 pounds which isn't bad considering it has a IRS in it .Can't wait to see the Cobra .Hopefully TT

Thats what I was thinking, same size, plus IRS, can't be much lighter.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
This sums it up!
This thing looks like it was designed for an overseas market, no longer an ameriacn muscle car but a european sports car. For those that say people not liking this latest 15' is becuse they want to feel there older model is still better, i say whatever. I have owned the previous cars, still own the latest car, and can go buy this car if i want. Its not that i think the new looks are horrible, it is a good looking car and i do like the rearend a bit. It just has to much of all those cars mentioned in all the above posts making it look more like everything else on the road rather than a mustang IMO.

I agree. At some angles it looks good, but at other angles the lines don't seem to flow well. I wish Ford would have just focused on making a good looking sports/muscle car and not worry about pleasing the overseas market or the traditional mustang market.

I think some of the people on here are really trying hard to like the styling since they know it's going to be a great car.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I am also trying to figure out why the interior shots car (red/black wheels) show the boost gauge in the dash but have 5.0 on the fender.

Yeah, maybe they haven't figured out what gauges to put in the 5.0 Performance Pack yet haha. Probably just threw in the Ecoboost gauges for the unveiling.

Users who are viewing this thread