Leak on back of engine?

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
Ok, so I finally (after a year of burping) got the Cobra burped and she is blowing hot air again on heat and staying in the middle of the temp gauge.

NOW, I noticed a leak coming from somewhere on the back of the engine. The liquid is definitely coolant and from the side of the car (underneath) all I can see is that it's dripping down from above where the tranny bolts up to the engine.

I have neither the means nor the space to investigate this problem further. I always do my work at a friends garage and he is currently backed up with cars waiting for his lift.

ANY ideas would be helpful. I don't know if it's a crossover tube, or my heater core or what? It's been one thing after another with this thing. Rear brakes, overheating, rear diff. I should have gotten a Vette...

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Do you know if you have an LDC cooling fitting back there? That could be your leak. Other than that, yeah the crossover would be most likely...or maybe a freezplug??

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
No I don't have the LDC or any head cooling mod installed. Are the crossover's prone to leaking?

Edit: Explain this, checked my oil level it showed bone dry. Added two quarts to the engine and dipstick read almost full. Car was cold had been sitting all day. Now the funny part is there is no oil in my coolant and no coolant in my oil. Am I losing it or what the frig?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread