LEAK FROM REAR PASSENGER SIDE SHOCK!!!

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I heard about this a long time ago on this forum but it it wasn't happening to me at the time. Well it has been going on for the last 2 days now a few drops on my driveway overnight. The funny thing is I havnt driven the car in a day or so and it still leaks. It seems to drip off the bottom of the passenger side rear shock but I can trace the fluid a ways up the shock as well. Anyone know the cause? Someone said it could just be grease that is meting but I find it hard to believe. Is there any fluid running through the half shafts? Thanks for the help!!

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I havn't seen this happen on mine... fingers crossed. But you should probably have it looked at by the service department. It could be that the shock can is leaking or it could be something worse like the brake lines leaking down over the shocks (unlikely but possible).

My only other suggestion would be to see if you can get under there and clean it up and then watch for the source of the leak.

Good luck and let us know what you discover.

FINICKY

Established Member
your not the only one but i dont think its the shock. i through mine on the lift and it actually looks like it was coming from where the axle goes into the spindle. wich would lead me to believe it assembly lube melting off. my budy cam over with his 03 and its doing the same thing just opposite sides

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Just got back from the dealer and they said it is indeed the shock that is leaking. They are ordering me a new one and were very helpful and concerned about my car. A+ for my dealer :)

FINICKY

Established Member
hmmm maybe i have something different. my drops would end up inside my rim not on the ground

Users who are viewing this thread