LDC Cooling Mod(hose touching bell housing OK?)

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Just got done installing the LDC Cooling Mod I bought from D'Agostino Racing. Does anyone else have the hose resting on the top of the bell housing after it is reinstalled? I've adjusted my hose as far up as I can and it still touches the top of the bell housing. I'm afraid of it leaking over time or will this not pose any problems?

17D68B3E-BBDC-4009-95AE-1E37966155A9-5825-0000009EDB0F8E46.jpg

SlipperySnake

Established Member
Should be okay if you are worried about leaking because the heat melting the hose, don't. It will be fine. Wrap it in heat wrap for some insurance.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Thanks. I already put the transmission back in so I can't wrap it. I think it should be fine. Ill cross my fingers.

SlipperySnake

Established Member
If not you know what to do! It should be fine. Don't sweat it dude. Unless its touching the headers... Then I'd be worried haha. Hot coolant runs through those things everyday plus the ends are connected to water necks, etc. that are being conducted by the block heat as well. Good luck!

08mojo

Established Member
It is not heat you will have to worry about; you should absolutely worry about a leak starting from a hole rubbed in the hose. Looks like the hose they supplied is just a bit too short.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
I wouldn't think there would be much movement either. The bell housing, transmission and motor are all torqued together. If it wears through over time I'll be in good shape seeing how I only put about 500 miles on the car a year. So I probably won't own it by the time it wears through. I don't think that it was the hose was too short, I think it was the direction the fitting was pointing was towards the top of the bell housing and it wouldn't adjust up any further.

cobracide

Established Member
Got th Ldc a few years ago, not sure if the hose is laying on the bellhousing or not but no leaks or issues. I like it because it is out of the way.

SlipperySnake

Established Member
Is this mod easy to do and worth it? What does it do exactly? I know it routes the coolant between the back of the two heads, what's the advantage though? I'm about to put in a new clutch.

cobracide

Established Member
This is the perfect time to do this mod, when doing the clutch/trans work. You have to knock out a couple freezer plugs, attach connectors and connect a line.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
yesssir just bolts right in ! mine has been in for years also & through a couple clutch swaps also lol

my car doesn't have that EGR tube anymore btw !

08mojo

Established Member
I wouldn't think there would be much movement either. The bell housing, transmission and motor are all torqued together. If it wears through over time I'll be in good shape seeing how I only put about 500 miles on the car a year. So I probably won't own it by the time it wears through. I don't think that it was the hose was too short, I think it was the direction the fitting was pointing was towards the top of the bell housing and it wouldn't adjust up any further.

:kaboom: I was thinking more a problem with vibration than a problem with 'movement.' Good luck to you, I hope it doesn't leak!

Users who are viewing this thread