LDC Chicago grille kits

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Are your expensive aftermarket Heat Exchangers or Radiators getting rock and debris damage? Do you hate the plain look of the grill openings on the Terminator Cobras? Do you want a grill for your car but think the choices are either too expensive or too cheap? Are you looking for a grille that will allow decent airflow while still offering some protection for your easily damaged H/E or Radiator?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, LDC Chicago has a new product made just for you.

We are happy to announce that the LDC Chicago Upper and Lower Grille Kits are now available! Upper and Lower grilles are available in both Stainless Steel and Powder coated Black. If you want a little bling up front, buy the Stainless Steel. If you think the stock black look is the way to go, buy the Powder coated black. It’s your choice:

Powder Coated Black:

Do you just want to protect your H/E but like the black look of the stock openings? Then our black lower is for you. Check out the pictures. The black lower grilles blend into the stock black radiator background but still offer some protection for your expensive H/E. Do you want to protect the radiator, too? Add the black upper grille and save a few dollars by buying the entire kit.

attachment.php3

Default LDC Chicago grille kits
Are your expensive aftermarket Heat Exchangers or Radiators getting rock and debris damage? Do you hate the plain look of the grill openings on the Terminator Cobras? Do you want a grill for your car but think the choices are either too expensive or too cheap? Are you looking for a grille that will allow decent airflow while still offering some protection for your easily damaged H/E or Radiator?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, LDC Chicago has a new product made just for you.

We are happy to announce that the LDC Chicago Upper and Lower Grille Kits are now available! Upper and Lower grilles are available in both Stainless Steel and Powder coated Black. If you want a little bling up front, buy the Stainless Steel. If you think the stock black look is the way to go, buy the Powder coated black. It’s your choice:

Powder Coated Black:

Do you just want to protect your H/E but like the black look of the stock openings? Then our black lower is for you. Check out the pictures. The black lower grilles blend into the stock black radiator background but still offer some protection for your expensive H/E. Do you want to protect the radiator, too? Add the black upper grille and save a few dollars by buying the entire kit.

Stainless Steel:

Do you want your car to stand out from the pack of Terminators? Do you need just a little bit more to beat that other Cobra in the car show judging? Check out the Upper and Lower Stainless Steel Grille Kit. It adds some style to the front of the Terminator Cobras. The stock black openings are very plain. Stainless Steel grilles are noticed immediately and get complimentary comments from the Mustang crowd. Buy just the Lower or buy the Upper and Lower Kit and save. I have the Stainless Steel Upper and Lower kit on my Terminator because I thought the combination of Stainless Steel Upper and Lower was the way to go. Look at the pictures and decide for yourself.

attachment.php3

Materials:

We use expensive Stainless Steel woven wire in these grilles. The woven wire provides a balance between protection from rocks and debris and decent airflow. The grilles are cut and bent to fit and then welded to retain their shape during the rigors of 100 mph+ quarter miles and highway blasts. We include brackets and all hardware necessary to mount these grilles on your’03-‘04 Cobra.

How do you get one?

Head on over to our site and order one today. www.ldcchicago.com

Thanks to Jay Vicious for these pics:

picture11883zj.jpg

picture11870xe.jpg

picture11867od.jpg

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
Mesh should be turned 45 degrees then installed in the frame. Uses more material but would be a much better look. XXXXXXX.

flyn high again

Established Member
Cutting the woven wire at a 45* angle would add significantly to the price. That stuff isn't cheap and each row has to be individually welded to hold it in place. If a 45* is desired, a different material would be a better way to go. The woven wire we use is a compromise between air flow and protection. Keep in mind that the grilles on my car are prototypes. I think that I had our original brackets on that install. As mentioned, I will get some new pics up in a week or two as these grilles get installed on other cars. Thanks for the comments! :beer:

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
looks liek a screened door... dont think i like it..... maybe on a 45 it would look better...

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
Cliff,
I know you are trying to sell but since others are giving feedback I'll give you my .02. I took a look at some other vendor's grilles but I didn't see any that were all the way out to the edge of the hood (speaking of the upper grille here). I'm imagining it maintaining the contour of the hood to the bumper instead of it being the recessed the way it is now. Not sure how this would look though. The other advantage of this would be that it might be a way for it to also be a security feature in that it might prevent thieves from opening the hood.

flyn high again

Established Member
evans03c said:
Cliff,
I know you are trying to sell but since others are giving feedback I'll give you my .02. I took a look at some other vendor's grilles but I didn't see any that were all the way out to the edge of the hood (speaking of the upper grille here). I'm imagining it maintaining the contour of the hood to the bumper instead of it being the recessed the way it is now. Not sure how this would look though. The other advantage of this would be that it might be a way for it to also be a security feature in that it might prevent thieves from opening the hood.

Not a bad idea but mounting it would be a problem.

Guys, these grilles are priced in between the expanded mesh stuff you can get from Home Depot and the Billet and other more expensive grilles that you can get from other aftermarket sources. Just another option for you guys. If you like 'em, buy 'em. If you don't, I respect your opinions and appreciate you guys letting us know. Guys who don't like them, check back when we get some better pics and see if your opinions change. My gray car and dirty HE isn't the best to show them off.

Users who are viewing this thread