LCD TV experts in here!

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Finally narrowed my search down to two T.Vs. Based on all the consumer reports and w.o.m these look to be the best on the market. Any input from experts or owners would be great.

First is 52" BRAVIA® XBR® 1080p LCD HDTV
h158KD52XB2-f_MT3.jpeg

Second is Sharp AQUOS LC-52D62U 52" 1080p High Definition
h284LC52D62U-f_MT.jpeg

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Sony. I have a Sony myself and LOVE IT. I've always liked their TVs

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
The sony is a bit more, but I figure I will have it for 3-4 years so I am looking for trouble free/best picture.

Sony is 3,999
Sharp is 3,199

Specs are pretty close so I am leaning toward the Sharp.:beer:

rd04svt

Established Member
Recently bought a 46" Sony LCD ($2037 price match). Wanted a 52" but it was too large for the room and couldn't get CC to bite on the price match. Check out the new Samsung's....supposed to be the latest/greatest. If you have $$$ to burn, the Pioneer Elite is the absolute best picture I've seen.

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Try Pricemad.com. i got my 46" sony for $2700. It was 3600+ everywhere else.

I got the TV, HDMI cable, 3 year warranty, wall mount and shipping for around $3300.

Thanks for the info I will check them out.

I have not heard of the Pioneer, but I am going to look it up.:beer:

2003 Silver

Banned
I just bought that exact same 52" Sony. It's going in our new house so I don't have it installed yet. Looked great in the store.

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Sony FTW. I have one myself and couldnt be happier. I would say either go sony or samsung. You cant go wrong with either one.

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
SnakeStang96 said:
Love the avatar btw. The Terretts guy FTMFW

Yeah his vids crack me up.

Looks like I need to look around a little more. Thanks for the input guys.:beer:

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
I'll never buy another Sony product. A couple years ago I upgraded my electronics and went with a Sony flatscreen TV (lcd's were still very expensive), and a sony stereo. After only 2 months I was on my 4th TV. Each TV had a DIFFERENT problem. I finally found one that worked and have had it since.

After 8 months my stereo had no lights that work, and the wheel to change stations or songs barely still works. Usually it has to be turned 6 or 7 times to work.

Then, about a year later, my GF at the time wanted a new TV. She bought a Sony flatscreen also, but a larger one. 3 TV's later (each also having different problems I might add) she forced Best Buy to take it back and went with a JVC. 3 moves and about 2 years later, it works flawlessly.

In conclusion, I'd go with a Samsung, or anything BUT Sony.

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Established Member
rd04svt said:
Recently bought a 46" Sony LCD ($2037 price match). Wanted a 52" but it was too large for the room and couldn't get CC to bite on the price match. Check out the new Samsung's....supposed to be the latest/greatest. If you have $$$ to burn, the Pioneer Elite is the absolute best picture I've seen.
Pioneer only does plasma as far as I know but they are the best plasma I've seen.I still have my pioneer elite pro 710 rear projection.When that goes Im going to get the new samsung as I've seen the new 52" in action at best buy.It was hooked up to a blue ray player and looked stunning.The new models really have deep blacks and they support higher def than plasma.Trust me when I say that the video quality is amazing and is the equall if not better than anything I've seen.Thats saying a lot as I've owned a very nice hi def set for 5 yrs and have been to many CES events here in vegas.This includes 60k runco front projectors and 15k plasmas from pioneer.

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
I did find that the Sharp is the only TV that the owner can replace the bulbs. They also seem to have a better refresh rate than other TVs in that price range. :shrug:

beerformeplz

Kenne Bell Mach 1
Established Member
I have the sony and wasnt pleased with the picture untill I played with the custom options, now it looks awsome!

Users who are viewing this thread