LCAs Replaced.............3rd Time!!!!!

barstoolman

Established Member
Just had my front lower control arms replaced for the third time.......supposedly, they are upgraded with new nuts and bolts and hopefully bushings. Anyone else had theirs replaced more than once?????

Had mine replaced at 600 miles, 6,000 miles and now at 12,000 miles.........hopefully the creaking is gone for good!!!!!

barstoolman

Established Member
Bought it to drive it.........not to merely look at it under a car cover in my garage.

At the end of the day, as much fun as this car is, its just a Mustang. If you bought it as an investment, you're gonna be waiting a long time for that to bring you any type of return. Live in L.A. so you can drive it every day. Had an '08 Shelby GT500 and drove it for 30,000 + miles until I bought the Boss last April.

Get out there and enjoy your car..........you earned it and deserve it!!!!!

cjmclean

Established Member
My wife's 2011 GT does the exact same thing - they have never managed to fix it. Sounds like an old wagon when going over a speed bump.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Bought it to drive it.........not to merely look at it under a car cover in my garage.

At the end of the day, as much fun as this car is, its just a Mustang. If you bought it as an investment, you're gonna be waiting a long time for that to bring you any type of return. Live in L.A. so you can drive it every day. Had an '08 Shelby GT500 and drove it for 30,000 + miles until I bought the Boss last April.

think your the one ive seen on the 101 around universal studios?

got a 98 BAB

cobrkilrl

Established Member

This^^^^^^^^^^^^I get so many people come up to me and state: "this is a KR, why are you driving it!" Well damn't, I bought it to drive. I still don't understand the concept of spending so much money on a Mustang and then put it in the garage under a car cover and maybe just maybe, bring it out on a weekend for a short cruise and then put it away. Mine is my daily driver and that is what I bought it for. It see's rain, sun and occasional snow when it actually snows in Arkansas. It's a Mustang people, drive the hell out of them.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Rolled 10k 2 days ago, bought it with 3k in October. It's seen rain 2-3 times a week since New Year's. Daily Driver FTMFW!!

On topic, I haven't heard any creaking with mine. I have noticed a weird oscillating/whining noise (not the trans; apparently my roots blower-emulating transmission is "normal" and/or a result of the CAI), almost like a wheel bearing going out. I may have bad tires. I don't know.

barstoolman

Established Member
Here's the latest TSB for it...........looks like this one should do the trick. TSB 11-10-17 which superseded the previous TSB 11-7-8. Go get them replaced if you are having the creaking problem..........BTW, its for all Mustang GT.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member

I wasn't giving you a hard time, I'm actually quite impressed :lol1:

That's the nice thing about a Boss, is it can actually be a daily driver. I could not say the same about other sports cars I've had in the past. Although, I tend to enjoy a sports car more when I don't have to drive it everyday, feels more fresh every time I get behind the wheel. I'd also be a nervous wreck if I had to park my Boss in a hospital parking lot everyday. <---- I'm just anal like that, haha!

Oh, and uh... I have Metco billet lca's + brackets which is a very nice upgrade, highly recommend. Ditch the oem crap!

Last edited:

ShaneMcG

Established Member
lol, i have nearly 14k on my boss. i have had creaking on mine for a while now, i need to take it in but my local dealer is staffed with a-holes. it creaks like crazy when i come over transitions form road to driveways at an angle moving fast at all.

barstoolman

Established Member
lol, i have nearly 14k on my boss. i have had creaking on mine for a while now, i need to take it in but my local dealer is staffed with a-holes. it creaks like crazy when i come over transitions form road to driveways at an angle moving fast at all.

Just let them know Ford has issued a TSB for your exact problem......let them know you have the TSB number and this is not the first one issued for your problem. If they give you a hard time (no reason why they should), have them call out the Ford Rep or call Ford directly. It'll get done.

Huge improvement with the upgraded LCAs and assembly. Took it out to the track yesterday and the change really made a difference.

konaboss

Established Member

+1 :beer::rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread