LCA/UPC install

dfroehli

Established Member
Hey guys I have a few questions on installing lca. First I purchased the lower control arm mounts also. What will this do for my ride quality? Also on a stock hight car how do I install them? Which hole do I use? I bought all metco stuff if that info is need to help with my questions. Also with the adjustable upper what pinion angle do I use? Also do you use lock tight or not? And what do I tighten the bolts to in ftlbs.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I've heard that on a stock height car you don't really need relocation brackets. If you have the arms already I would just install them without the reloc. brackets and see how it is they can always be installed later if you need them.

Brackets should be welded but you should make sure your axle is square to the chassis by taking some measurements beforehand.

As for the upper arm if it is adjustable you want a pinion angle of -2 degrees or so stationary, the idea is once the torque is being transferred from the engine to the diff the pinion will "nose up" to a 0 degree and keep CV and U joints from binding and causing unwanted vibration.

If the pinion angle is set and you know you won't be messing with the rear suspension a lot doesn't hurt to use some blue loctite on the locknuts to keep them from vibrating loose.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread