Lca Uca

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
As you guys know the 07 GT 500 comes with a live axle. I love the ride but I am still trying to get used to the loose giggle butt (new technical term :)) with this live axle setup, especially over bumpy hiway driving. My 03 termie felt way more planted and cornered much better than my GT 5

what is the function of LCA and UCA's.? Dont get too technical with the function as I am not a real suspension guru by any stretch. What I'm looking for is better cornering and will do ocassional straight line running at the track.

Should I go for both upper and lower. If so why? What mfgr would you recommend?? BMR Steeda etc.

A partner of mine said I should upgrade the stock panhard bar. Isnt the stock one any good?

All in all I love my Shelby I just want it to handle closer to what I had in my Termie with the IRS without swapping the live axle out.

Thanks fellas

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the upper/lower control arms control where the rear axle goes. if you didnt have those you would hit the gas and the axle would move forward but not the car. stock pieces are stamped steel, so they flex, while aftermarket pieces are either welded tube steel or billet aluminum. neither will flex nearly as much as the stock pieces. the stock panhard is also more flexible than the aftermarket pieces, but its because its thin walled to steel(im next to positive atleast, not sure how they could make a good stamped one). youll have to wait for a shelby owner post what they suggest for upgrades though. but, from what ive seen around here, the BMR pieces seem to be the hot ticket, upper and lower.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Here's what I got, I put the same stuff on my buddies car, I love the way it turned out, soooooooooo I got the same! You'll also need a 50 Torx Plus to remove the upper. A regular Torx won't work.
BMR Stuff.
TCA027 Billet Lower Control Arms
CAB005 Control Arm Relocation Brackets
UTCA019 Adjustable Upper Control Arm with poly Bushings
UCM001 Upper Control Arm mount
PHR006 Tubular Adjustable Panhard Rod
SP009 Lowering Springs Rear 1.750” drop Front 1.250”
PHR007S Upper Panhard Rod Support
FC001 Camber Bolts
SM001 Upper Strut Mounts

Tim

jcthorne

Established Member
You forgot the upper control arm bushing that goes on top of the differential. Later cars do not use the T50 Security Torx but the standard version.

69b302

Established Member
The main issue with the stock GT500 setup is the soft rubber bushings. This lets the axle bounce or hop when put under heavy load. I changed to Steeda billet LCAs and this corrected mosts of the wheel hop issues. I stayed with the stock UCA, but replace the larger bushing with the Ford racing urethane bushing(wheel hop gone, at this point). I also used the BMR rear spring for a slight drop(leveled the car). I added the Steeda adjustable panhard after the springs, to keep the axle centered. I did also buy the BMR axle bushing for the UCA, but have not yet installed. I may not install the final bushing since the problems that bothered me, are now fixed.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Do both your lowers and upper. Trust me the lowers alone wont solve all the wheel hop issues and the upper takes out the jiggly stuff you mentioned. After installing the lowers I waited about 2 mths to do the upper and the car feels much much better and doesnt bounce all over the place.

manOwar

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
Here's what I got, I put the same stuff on my buddies car, I love the way it turned out, soooooooooo I got the same! You'll also need a 50 Torx Plus to remove the upper. A regular Torx won't work.
BMR Stuff.
TCA027 Billet Lower Control Arms
CAB005 Control Arm Relocation Brackets
UTCA019 Adjustable Upper Control Arm with poly Bushings
UCM001 Upper Control Arm mount
PHR006 Tubular Adjustable Panhard Rod
SP009 Lowering Springs Rear 1.750” drop Front 1.250”
PHR007S Upper Panhard Rod Support
FC001 Camber Bolts
SM001 Upper Strut Mounts

Tim

Do you have a photo's of your buddies car? I have the same set up going on now but I haven't seen it on anyone's car. It'll be a few more weeks before I see mine.

Thanks in advance!! :rockon:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
jcthorne said:
You forgot the upper control arm bushing that goes on top of the differential. Later cars do not use the T50 Security Torx but the standard version.

You need a Torx PLUS, not a regular torx, not a security torx, they are not the same.

Tim

jcthorne

Established Member
Well on my 07 and on several others I have spoken with the standard Torx bit fit just fine, nothing odd. Was told the bolt head changed at some point in production before 07 but have not seen the older version nor know first hand when the change occured. Mine was standard Torx on a GT500. Just letting folks know, they might want to check the car before buying special tools.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
jcthorne said:
Well on my 07 and on several others I have spoken with the standard Torx bit fit just fine, nothing odd. Was told the bolt head changed at some point in production before 07 but have not seen the older version nor know first hand when the change occured. Mine was standard Torx on a GT500. Just letting folks know, they might want to check the car before buying special tools.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, just want everyone to know that there is a differance. Sorry if it came across that way. That was not my intent.
The 07 shelby I did had the Torx Plus and the standard would not have worked.

Tim:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread