LCA issue?

csm1320

Established Member
Just installed non-adjustable LCAs only on my 2010 and took it out for a drive. Now i have what sounds like a dull toned grinding noise coming from back there. Is the the normal NVH increase or could i have messed something up during the install. They are poly bushings. Also i did have some trouble getting the last bolt, the rear one on the second arm lined up with the back side of the bracket. I had to end up using a screwdriver like a prybar in the bolt hole to get it lined up enough and then hold a lot of force on the tire to keep it straight. This was my first LCA install and looks straight forward enough just not sure if that noise is normal NVH or if i could have gotten something out of whack somehow. Any ideas you guys could throw my way?
thanks.

csm1320

Established Member
Also, yes i did grease them on each side of the poly bushing as well as the factory mounting brackets.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
What is also important is the kind of grease. Poly bushings require a specific type of grease that is not the average "grease the front end" type of grease.

R

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
There shouldnt be grinding noise. Perhaps urthane sqeaking noise? If brand with grease nipples pump in another shot and give it a few miles to work into unit fully.

If it is grinding something is wrong. Like suggested try to retorque. Having to pull rear end to line up is normal regardless of brand, so no worries there.

phinhead34

Established Member
I just installed Bob's ^^^^^^^^ and it was an easy install and have not noticed any increase in NVH. Thanks Steve they look great, I would recommend them to anyone.

csm1320

Established Member
Well i just finished re-torqueing the LCAs. I jacked the car up and put the front end on ramps and the rear supported by jack stands under the axles and removed the rear wheels. I loosened both sides and noticed the passenger side really seemed to loosen up nicely to the point where i could turn the bolts by hand and freely move the lca a little. The drivers side had less play in it and i couldnt budge the bolts by hand but had no issue with a wratchet. I re-torqued the LCAs and put the wheels back on and went for a drive. The whirring noise did lessen but its still there. Im gonna assume this is now more in line with the typical NVH increase. The LCA brand is the Bob's autosports. If anyone has anymore input, it would be appreciated, thanks. Also thanks to those who helped to point me in the right direction

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Check the location of the flag nut on the rear mounting points. If the flag on the nut isn't positioned properly it will rub on the sway bar and make a horrendous racket. If its not up in the opening and against the axle tube, put it there and test drive again.

ETA: I don't have any increased NVH in my car and I have J&M Extreme Joint lowers, upper, Shelby upper mount and Steeda Pan Hard brace. There's nothing left stock in the suspension of my car. The only thing that caused a little more noise was the HD upper mount and that really just amplified the typical rear end whine that these cars have.

Last edited:

csm1320

Established Member
Check the location of the flag nut on the rear mounting points. If the flag on the nut isn't positioned properly it will rub on the sway bar and make a horrendous racket. If its not up in the opening and against the axle tube, put it there and test drive again.

ETA: I don't have any increased NVH in my car and I have J&M Extreme Joint lowers, upper, Shelby upper mount and Steeda Pan Hard brace. There's nothing left stock in the suspension of my car. The only thing that caused a little more noise was the HD upper mount and that really just amplified the typical rear end whine that these cars have.

Yea i made sure the flag nuts went back up into their little notch and are on the axle tube. Thanks for the idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread