LCA brackets w/o adjustable LCA???

1st usa car

Established Member
Just curious -- I know it would be an easy and cheap install in the garage. Would there be benefit and is it possible to use LCA lowering brackets w/ non adjustable aftermarket LCA?? Car is stock height Svtpp vert and will not lower it.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
They will work fine. Adjustable lowers will help you to move the axle back to its original position, without them the wheel will move slightly forward in the wheel well. Your pinion angle will also get thrown off unless you have an adjustable upper to set it back.

BMR Tech 2

Just curious -- I know it would be an easy and cheap install in the garage. Would there be benefit and is it possible to use LCA lowering brackets w/ non adjustable aftermarket LCA?? Car is stock height Svtpp vert and will not lower it.

You can definitely use non-adjustable LCAs with relocation brackets. The LCAs will reduce bushing and LCA deflection, helping to reduce or eliminate wheel hop. The LCA relocation brackets will allow you run slightly more aggressive rear geometry, which will further help to reduce wheel hop and increase traction.

They will work fine. Adjustable lowers will help you to move the axle back to its original position, without them the wheel will move slightly forward in the wheel well. Your pinion angle will also get thrown off unless you have an adjustable upper to set it back.

LCA relocation brackets really don't affect pinion angle that much. Maybe .25*, and that's not something that you would ever notice in the driveline. I wouldn't be too concerned about getting an adjustable UCA with just LCAs and relocation brackets.

1st usa car

Established Member
I am assuming if i went this route -- the best bet would be to use the highest setting = setting nearest the OEM hole?

Clemson

Established Member
Im using top hole - 820a car, stock springs, non-adj LCAs. Using the OEM mounting holes the LCAs had a slight downward trajectory from axle to frame. Now using the top hole its a slight upward trajectory from axle to frame.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Im using top hole - 820a car, stock springs, non-adj LCAs. Using the OEM mounting holes the LCAs had a slight downward trajectory from axle to frame. Now using the top hole its a slight upward trajectory from axle to frame.

Did you notice any better of a bite off the line with the hole change?

Sielmo

Established Member
Yep, I would stick with the top hole at stock height.
Jumping in here...I installed FRPP springs today and I'm in progress of installing the BMR LCA and relocation brackets. Should I use the middle or top hole since it's lowered? The middle hole looked pretty aggressive as I was installing the passenger side so I moved it to the top...now I'm second guessing myself. Traction is an issue for me (703whp).

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Jumping in here...I installed FRPP springs today and I'm in progress of installing the BMR LCA and relocation brackets. Should I use the middle or top hole since it's lowered? The middle hole looked pretty aggressive as I was installing the passenger side so I moved it to the top...now I'm second guessing myself. Traction is an issue for me (703whp).

Use the middle hole on a lowered street/strip car at your power level. You are looking for a slight downward sloping angle from the body to the axle mounting point.

Users who are viewing this thread