LC2 Wideband datalog issue

slow poke

Established Member
I need some help guys,

I got my wideband installed (LC2) and and as of a few hours ago just got livelink 6.5 set up and recording after an hour of tech support with SCT. Now I have a new issue.

to start off the car is in the on position WITHOUT the motor running. when I look at the streaming info the reading is 7.43 or so on the computer and the gague fo rthe wideband is reading 22.4. I am runninbg the info through an XCAL2 device. I used the set up provided on innovates web site to hook up to the XCAL2 to the LC1 (I have an LC2 and the wires are different, could this be an issue?)

I am runing analog 1 (0-5v) as a split off of the gauge wire so one wire is going to the guage the other is going to a 9 pin mini din female connector i made for a clean set up, again as per innovates diagram. that wire is the yellow wire from the controller. I have analog 2 (.1-1.1v), the brown wire from the controller, hooked up to another wire going to the female connector. and I also have a ground hooked up to the connector. so 3 wires analog 1, analog 2, ground hooked up to the female connector leading into the XCAL2. this is in the same arrangement as the diagram on innovetes site showed. I did notice that analog 1 and analog 2 are switched in spots on my set up compared to the innovate write up. again I am adapting this for the LC2 as the write was for the LC1 on innovates site.

I have tried using LM programmer to alter values and tried to do a ground offset putting in 2.5 volts for all and reading the value but there was no real voltage reading on the PIDs. I also tried altering the equation (v*3.008)+7.35 in the live link 6.5 but it is not reading anything above the 7.35.

does anyone know what I did wrong? it appears to have no voltage?

Thanks

slow poke

Established Member
called innovate, they told me Teeing off the analog 1 is a no no, I will remove the wire going to the XCAL2 and keep analog 1 just going to the gauge. Then I will reprogram analog 2 to output 0 - 5v in LM Programmer and we will see what happens.

hopefully this works

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
called innovate, they told me Teeing off the analog 1 is a no no, I will remove the wire going to the XCAL2 and keep analog 1 just going to the gauge. Then I will reprogram analog 2 to output 0 - 5v in LM Programmer and we will see what happens.

hopefully this works

im glad to see someone else working with this issue. I have an lc1 and i have it hooked up just like when you revised it. My analog 1 is simulated narrowband and my analog 2 is my wideband.
I have my analog 1 (narrowband) connected to the female connector to the xcal 2, and my analog 2 (wideband) to the gauge. Everytime i try to manipulate numbers in my lm programmer, my gauge freaks the hell out... Keep this going and see if we can come up with an answer

slow poke

Established Member
Doesn't look like ill be an to help. Just cut the split so now only analog one is running to the gauge and set up analog 2 to read 0-5v in LM programmer and it made NO difference. Its reading like a steady 1 volt for some reason. I even started the engine and it made no difference! The numbers didn't move!

I need help, sadly I can't find it.

TheSinner

Established Member
My LC2 is setup up exactly as Innovate mentioned above, except I have the X3, don't know if that makes a difference. I have both analog outs programed to 0-5v, analog 1 goes ONLY to my gauge, and analog 2 is connected ONLY to the firewire cable for the X3.

Make sure when you datalog in livelink you choose "analog 2", if your firewire (9-pin) cable is connected properly you shouldn't have any issues.

I went through some struggle at first as well.

cj428mach

Established Member
I thought you said the LC2 didn't have an analog 2?

I don't have an LC2 just the LC1, make sure you configure the wideband correctly then that livelink is looking at Analog 2 and that you have the correct equation put in.

slow poke

Established Member
Cj, I probably worded it wrong before. It does have 2 analogs. Analog 1 (0-5v) was being used by my gauge and only analog 2 (.1-1.1v) was not used. So that is probably why I was saying there was only one. I also thought you had to have you had to have both analogs hooked up to the 9 pin cable which is why I initially split off the analog 1.

I have altered the equation in livelink and the parameters of the analog 2 in LM programmer to read (0-5v). Its not reading anything its a steady 1 volt or so. My gauge seems to be reading correctly though 22.4 with engine off car on, and 14.7-15 at idle.

I know im messing something up but all the wiring appears correct. I will double check to make sure the right PID is on the screen. At this point it could be the XCAL2, computer, or wideband controller that is causing an issue.

slow poke

Established Member
Just tried logging the AFR through the controller of the wideband and logworks it appears to be reading real time and correct AFRs but it is not con ect to the XCal2 or livelink so its not useful as it doesnt log any other parameters during realtime along with the AFR. It does show me that the connections are possibly correct and the issue has a greater likelihood of coming from the XCAL2 or livelink software or me not inputting something correctly.

I also took the analog 1 off the gauge and that appears to be reading AFRs correctly and swapped it with the analog 2 it made no difference still reading 1.1something in livelink when displaying the voltage.

Still looking for why it wont read in livelink correctly

cj428mach

Established Member
You have the livelink equation setup correctly?

Also I can't tell you how many times I've plugged in my handheld to the data connector then hooked it to my laptop and tried to datalog only to find out it doesn't work. I then look over and see I forgot to plug the wideband connector into the xcal 3 lol.

slow poke

Established Member
Even with the input of the equation it just maxes out at 10.something im am using the equation (V x 3.008) + 7.35, I knew it is read in because it dropped when the car was turned on. I also know I was hooked up because I was able to log engine speed at the same time.

I wish it was forgetting to plug something in lol! it just wont go above like 1.1v its very strange amd most likely an issue that is right in front of my face or its not something fixable.

Something tells me its not supposed to be this hard.

cj428mach

Established Member
If analog 2 is only made to go from 1.0-1.1 and you're using that as your output for livelink then you're equation will be different. If you're using the analog with the 0-5v output then you have the correct equation.

slow poke

Established Member
Both are programmed for 0-5v and both read the same in livelink. I swapped on advice I got to rule it out as the culprit.

As of now its dead in the water, I will concoct a new equation and try it since the analogs do appear to reduce in voltage value from car off to car on. It will likely be filled with error since the range its reading is so small compared to 0-5v that it should be.

I will also try to match it to the gauge which appears to be reading accurately.

This car is my lesson and punishment!

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
There is something wrong with the gauge then. I had something similar happen to me while trying to datalog. My easy fix was to move my ground wire and luckily it fixed the issue. Also what wires are you splicing into off your wideband sensor? The wires that the LC1 booklet told me to splice into were wrong.

slow poke

Established Member
20141010_074515.jpg

Above is the most recent wiring. I am not splitting any of the analogs any more.

Analog 2 is reprogrammed in LM programmer to read 0-5v but in livelink the max voltage read is 1.1695v. I know the programmer is working because if I change it to 2.5v all to do the ground offset it reads as 1/2 of 1.1695v or .58475v. It is reading and it is dropping in the presence of a more rich mixture but the voltage range is wrong it is only 1.1695v on the max high end instead of the 5v it is supposed to be.

Everything is grounded to the same spot, the car frame behind the dash.

My gague is reading 22.4 car on engine off and 14.7 -15 with the car idling so I think it is right. I need it to match up with livelink

I used this equation (v*12.8602)+7.35 and it was matching the gauge real time but this is wrong and introducing a lot of error

What could cause this voltage issue??

slow poke

Established Member
Also, the controller is full green and showing no errors as far as low voltage or anything.

Im using the convertible top fuse location as my switched 12v its a 15or 30 amp draw I forget which one

Another thing, I logs correctly in logworks 3 ,innovates logging software. But this really is not useful as it is not linked to other PIDs

Last edited:

Mustangtcs

Established Member
Your problem is that you can't have a signal wire hooked up to your gauge and the Firewire cable at the same time. You have to unhook it from your gauge and plug it into the Firewire. Here is what happened to me. I hope it helps. I posted this on another formu so here is the copy.

I just recently set up my SCT handheld device to a Laptop to datalog thru Livelink II. I connected a Firewire cable purchased from RadioShack to my Aeroforce Interceptor gauges which I also have the Aeroforce wide band sensor and the 2 bar map sensor hooked up to. First I cut the end of the firewire and checked each prong for continuity and verified m cable is setup the same as the one SCT sells. Then I found each 5volt signal wire going from my sending units to the gauges. I tapped into each of those and wired the wide band as Analog 1 and the 2 bar map as Analog 2. There was no need to hookup any grounds from the firewire and this is all the wiring that was needed. Then I connected the Firewire to my handheld which is connected to the OBDII input and to the laptop. In Livewire II you can select your analog inputs and insert an equation. I tried the equation livelink gives you for the 2 bar map and it is completely wrong. I called SCT and the tech confirmed it was wrong. He took the numbers that Aeroforce gives which are 2 for slope and 10 for intercept for the wide band, that equation for livelink is (v*2)+10 and then 5.8 for slope and –13.2 for intercept for the 2 bar map which equates to (v*5.8)-13.2 So I go to log and it doesn't work. I contact SCT and Jon Lund hoping someone can help. They both confirmed those equations are correct. Next I was able to find online the voltage readings that convert to the boost readings on the map sensor which is the one that logged way off. Then in livelink I took out the equations and left v for volts and it would log the voltage. Still the voltage was off. So then I pulled out my gauge and probed the signal wire to my map sensor with a voltmeter. It is the same signal wire I tapped into for the signal to the Firewire cable. Guess what it read the same voltage that livelink was reading on the other end of the wire. But the gauge reads correct. Now I'm really p#ssed and I yank the gauge out of my a pillar and guess what. Livelink now reads the correct voltage. So I plug the gauge back in and it goes off again. So with the signal wires connected to both at the same time it messed up the readings. My fix was making plugs so that when I want to datalog I disconnect the signal from the gauges and plug into the Firewire. This took me 3 days of drinking to do. But at least in the end I got it all right and have been logging for Lund everyday with great results. Now the next step is adjusting the equations just like you adjust the gauges for the correct readings based on altitude. This is outlined in the Aeroforce instructions. You just adjust the equations to perfect them to your altitude.

slow poke

Established Member
Mustangtcs, I appreciate you posting that but im not spliting the analogs anymore, have removed the gauge and switched the analog outputs, and have tried reprogramming in LM programmer. all made NO difference. Voltage is still low and will only go to 1.1695 volts

Users who are viewing this thread