Lazer or Performance red?

Playtme

Established Member
Lazer or performance, wich one is the true red? Helping a friend look for one and most adds just say red.
Thanks, Joe

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
If youre looking for a true red then Rio Red would be as close as it gets. JMHO
HPTdrivenperformance.jpg

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I wish I had perf red, then my excuse to make my car look like a '00R would hold a 1/10th more validity! Its funny in the pics the two colors look alike but side by side there is no comparison. I had mine parked next to a 00R last year at HPT. My car never looked dark red until I pitted next to the R. What a difference.

whizdumb81

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Established Member
I dunno... i love the lazer red with the metallic finish looks really nice at sunset and is darker by comparison to the perf... But go with what you like the 99's with rio red look awesome if the car is clean and in the sunlight... RIO really is a true red color that says sports car if thats what you're in to.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
IMHO...all red Cobra's are cool. Rio Red is an awesome real, rich-looking red. Performance Red is a bright, red-orange-red (best way to describe it...a red on the orange side...but not orange). To me, based on how bright it is and the Cobra R link...it's kind of a "real" race car color....something you'd see on a race course. Incredible how much it stands out in a parking lot. PerfRed is a real head turner on the street... because A) it's real bright and B) I think people may automatically associate the bright red with a rare, high performance car like a Ferrari (in my dreams)...so they feel obligated to look. The color gets deeper red at sunset, but under some street lights looks pumpkin. Laser Red is a nice sophisticated dark metallic red...classier. If you're a major extrovert, Performance Red is for you.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Honestly, and no offence to anyone on here....but I don't like red cars normally....but the Laser Red is a beautiful color. The other reds......meh

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I like laser red the most because I prefer metallic paints. But I think rio red is the "true red." My cobra is rio red and I like it, it had to grow on me though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread