launching on spray?

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Im gonna be going to the track friday with the spray for the first time. I dont have a 1st gear lock out window switch and I dont want to arm the spray inbetween shifts. So I guess ill be launching on the spray. Is there any thing I should do different on the launch? I usually just side step the clutch at 3k and go. Should I just do the same and hold on or is there something else I can do to help the launch?

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
you probably are not gonna be able to just let it out and go WOT if you want to actually move from the line, you will be spinning for days....
unless you have slicks?

you might have to really lay the pedal to the floor going near the end of first and the start of 2nd...

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
cobra2798 said:
Im gonna be going to the track friday with the spray for the first time. I dont have a 1st gear lock out window switch and I dont want to arm the spray inbetween shifts. So I guess ill be launching on the spray. Is there any thing I should do different on the launch? I usually just side step the clutch at 3k and go. Should I just do the same and hold on or is there something else I can do to help the launch?

How did you do?

Last edited:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
The N2O has a WOT safety switch right?

Just launch at 7/8 throttle, and roll into it.

Will that work? MAkes sense to me.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Spray and pray lol.. that's how it goes when doing it in first mang. A window switch wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in.

topper

Established Member
When i had my fox i used to come out of the hole on a 120 shot. Basically get the RPMs up to about 5200 and when that light hit grean my foot hit the floor. It was on a throttle switch. On 9 inch slicks it would always blow the tires off, but I invested in a little wider slick on a wider rim and it grabbed and went.

I also had a built rear end, axels, tranny and alum driveshaft...

If you break it just buy new parts :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread