Launching, burnouts, bogging, etc.. -- Newbie Warning!

blasphemy01gt

Forgive me, for I'm about to ask some questions that may seem very stupid to most of you but here we go anyways...

What exactly is bogging?

What's the best way to do your pre-run burnout in a rwd 5spd (or perhaps I should say how) without any type of line locking device?

Does anyone even use a line locking device for anything other than burnout contests?

I plan on take my GT to the track for the first time once it starts to get cooler and I'd like to have a clue before I show up so please be kind :)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Bogging feels like the car wont move right after u let off the Clutch & u dont have enough gas pedle action....thats not bad cause its better then just sitting at the tree & spinning the tires. Ud want the tires to just hook & little spin of the tires with out bogging so much.

Raise the RPM to 4000rpm & let off the clutch. U'll clean ur tires ;-) before u stage on the tree.

nyk438

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Bogging feels like the car wont move right after u let off the Clutch & u dont have enough gas pedle action....thats not bad cause its better then just sitting at the tree & spinning the tires. Ud want the tires to just hook & little spin of the tires with out bogging so much.

Raise the RPM to 4000rpm & let off the clutch. U'll clean ur tires ;-) before u stage on the tree.

Most GT's that launch at 4, spin all the way thru first and second so...try at around 2500 to 3000 to get good traction maybe? :shrug:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Launching at 2600 works best for me. I slip it out relatively gradually though rather than dropping the clutch (fully releasing the clutch and hammering the go-pedal). It's a delicate balance. Releasing the clutch too fast lets the tires go up in smoke, and launching to low of rpm bogs the motor too much hurting ET. That's why a perfect balance of rev, clutch slip, and release is the key. It takes lots of practice. Even though it may be tougher and take more time to get the ET down versus an automatic, there's nothing better than the feeling of nailing every shift down the strip after an awesome launch. Good luck!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread