Launch Rpm

Silver o1

Let the spooling begin
Established Member
What rpm would you launch a 01 cobra with flsfc, irs brace and 275 et streets? Drop the clutch or slip it?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
If you're not afraid of breaking anything, hold it steady at 5k RPM's, dump the clutch, and hold on tight because it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'd say if the clutch is in good shape a really fast slip at 4,000 might be in the ballpark. Hopefully you have gears too because you're going to have some trouble not bogging. If you don't have gears then you have to slip the clutch farther out before you go full throttle to keep it from bogging. Even if you did/do a flat out dump it's probably still going to fall on its face.

Sny714

Established Member
I wouldn't recommend dumping the clutch at all. With my 410s I tried slipping it out around 4k but felt like my 1st gear was too short and was pulling 1.8 60's, which isnt bad at all on an IRS. But my best 60' which was a 1.74 was when I decided to slip it out around 3-3500 and let the gear pull me out of the hole instead of launching higher. You do have to ride it out pretty hard to keep the momentum but with gears it works.

Users who are viewing this thread