launch control

sftdyna

Established Member
So my buddy and i took out his 13 for a spirited ride last nite and he wanted to try the launch control. We took a ride down to the beach where its very quite stopped the car put it in LC mode while the rpm was set to 3000 and the car fell on its face then took off producing 4.6 sec 0-60. We then moved the rpm limit up to 3500 and the car felt no different still fell on its face and produced a 4.7! So with this we moved to 4000 rpm and it fell on its face again! Now we aren't touching anything else but LC so im guessing maybe there is a better way for him to try. Also, his RPM setting goes down much lower then 3000 RPM, my 14 starts there! im guessing there was no reason to go below 3000 considering his car falls on its face up to 4000. Is there a better way to use this feature were it won't bog so bad? He is afraid to raise the limit any higher.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am guessing he is stock, thats the clutch protection interfering. You have to learn the car and launch a certain way to avoid the bog. It seems most tuners have figured out how to shut that feature off. Do not raise the rpm. Just tell your buddy to practice launching in sport mode ( double tap traction button while holding brake) and don't dump the clutch.

quick-nick

Established Member
I am guessing he is stock, thats the clutch protection interfering. You have to learn the car and launch a certain way to avoid the bog. It seems most tuners have figured out how to shut that feature off. Do not raise the rpm. Just tell your buddy to practice launching in sport mode ( double tap traction button while holding brake) and don't dump the clutch.

+1 Put it in sport mode.....

Nickoli

Established Member
Yep. Once it detects a spin it kills the throttle. Get in sport mode and you'll do better. And mid '13 they changed it from 2500/5200 to 3000/4200.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Also if he's on stock rubber have him spin the tires first, then do a real run. The tires perform significantly better when warmed up if you don't let them cool off too long before the second run.

tw0scoops

Established Member
If it bogs everytime regardless of driver, why not make sport mode mandatory while using Launch Control?

rwboring

Established Member
might want to try letting out on the clutch slower...

all you have to do is tap the button, no reason to make it mandatory... it is probably harder on the drivetrain anyway

Users who are viewing this thread