Latest thoughts 555 G2 vs MT street Comp

gqneon

Established Member
ive just picked up another 2015 GT and am curious (for a procharged daily driver) what is a better match - Nitto 555 G2 305/35/20 or MT Street Comp 305/35/20 ? I want great street traction and as long of mileage as I can find for getting about. It's a vert so I probably won't be at the track since they frown on no cage/no helmet thing, unfortunately .

I had a set of 275/40/19 555 G2's on my last Procharged GT performance pack and they seemed a huge upgrade over the stock Pirellis, but it's been over a year since I've been in the game and know zero about the MT lines. Any pluses or minuses either way in the same size?

Glad to be back!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have the MT 305's and they don't provide very good traction for my car with tune only.

gqneon

Established Member
Thanks, Red.

I was hoping to hear great things about MT since LMR doesn't have 555's in the 305/35/20 but they do have MT in that size. I'm planning on being there in the morning to check out their store.

I'll take all the feedback I can get from folks who have either type of tire.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Thanks, Red.

I was hoping to hear great things about MT since LMR doesn't have 555's in the 305/35/20 but they do have MT in that size. I'm planning on being there in the morning to check out their store.

I'll take all the feedback I can get from folks who have either type of tire.

I am tune only Auto and they don't hold very well.

gqneon

Established Member
I went with Nitto 555's , they should be here today so I guess I'll see soon enough. I have no experience with the Michelin 4's but are they similar ?

OneSlowV

Established Member
I run the g2 315 on mine 6spd love them when they get warmed up .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread