Latest round of TVS mods/dyno results/pics

chimazo

Established Member
I've had my '07 for about a year and a half, and shortly after buying it, I threw on a TVS, 2.65" pulley, Dynatech headers w/3" catted x-pipe, SVT1 mufflers, LCA's and FRPP handling pack.

Fast forward to this past winter and I just recently finished and dyno'd the car after installing the following:
FRPP "KR" shifter
IW 10% lower pulley
FRPP 80LB injectors
VMP 72mm TB
VMP "D" plenum
port-matched TVS inlet to plenum
Shelby H/E
123mm Whipple MAF and CAI
SLP line-lock
1pc D/S and loop
Spohn UCA w/delrin bushing
NGK BR7EF plugs gapped @ .032"

I was hoping to hit 700/700, but it was close (see graph below). I don't know if the fact that the car only has 2500 miles on it affected the #'s or not.
I think by dropping the cats I could hit those #'s, but I like my hearing and the car already is silly for the street. Jon L. tuned it remotely while I was at Keith's Pitstop Dynojet in Gettysburg. Boost hit about 19lbs and timing is around 20.5 degrees. I didn't have to mess with the pinion angle and the UCA is the same setting as stock, and the car hit about 160mph on the dyno with no vibrations, so I got lucky. Lots of pics below.

Other than the tune, I've done everything in my garage on jackstands. I've also deleted all remaining stripes since I took these pics. Underhood, the car looks pretty stock to those not really familiar with our cars. I prefer understatement, obviously (well, as much as a bright red car can be called understated:uh oh:).
GT500bothrunsSTD.jpg

DSC00498-1.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

svt1111

Established Member
Nice car and nice numbers! :beer:

Let us know how it runs when you bring her to the track please!

scottGT500

Established Member
Who makes those wheels!? They look awesome!

I love the torque...I wouldn't mind getting @30-40 more torque.

Last edited:

Leonard 95

Established Member
Congrats on your numbers, this is the exacty mods I want to do to my tvs. You would for sure be at 700 with a off road x-pipe, I used stock mufflers with my off road and its actaully not that loud.

scottGT500

Established Member
That looks unbelievable! How much (if you don't mind me asking) did it cost to get that done and who did it? I think that would look great on my Black/Black '10.

chimazo

Established Member
That looks unbelievable! How much (if you don't mind me asking) did it cost to get that done and who did it? I think that would look great on my Black/Black '10.

Flat black out of a rattle can --->$5/can! :eek: Flat black applied in the sun doesn't streak and is super easy to touch-up. Adhesion could be better, but I am pretty sure that the paint would be pretty easy to media blast off if I wanted to go with the shiny finish, vs powdercoating. I am digging the look though, and may just have them powdercoated next year.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Nice numbers...! Got to love Red...! Have close to the same setup and putting down close to the same numbers. See dyno numbers below (Mustang Dyno). Let me know if you ever want to head out to MIR...!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Great numbers!! I think the addition of tint and black rocker panel stiping would really set off the car.

chimazo

Established Member
I thought what you did was the magic combination for close to 750 at the rear wheels or am I missing something?

Yeah, I'm wondering where the "missing" additional 50hp is, too!:shrug: My cats are not clogged, and I don't think an off-road x-pipe will give me more than another 10-20hp... As I said before, I also don't know if my "green" (only 2500 miles) engine has anything to do with it? Some have told me that these engines loosen up nicely at around 10k miles. :??: Another GT500 on the TS site has similar mods but no headers OR cats, and he is putting down just a few more hp, which I chalk up to slight production/dyno variation. For pump gas, I haven't seen but 1 or 2 TVS cars passing the 700rwhp mark. The TVS DOES kick ass on the torque side of the equation, however. 19lbs of boost is as much as she can muster, cap'n!

Either way, my fuel pump duty cycle was almost maxed at this level, so I am just going to enjoy the car for now and try and get some decent #'s at the track. I'd like to get the times Rob has!

Users who are viewing this thread