latest news from the blue oval

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
So while sitting down for lunch today I purchased this months Motor Trend, and was elated to see its all about american cars, especially the modern muscle cars. Needless to say what really caught my eye was the beautiful 2009 challenger on the front cover.

Then my reading experience became distraught. Apparently ford is considering to pull all V8's in exchange for twin turbo V6's? No. Just no.

My take? TT V6's have obviously proved their might in the supras of the 90's, but I'll be damned if we forego the V8 altogether. Offering a TT V6 model alongside a V8 is one thing, and would defenitely make for some interesting "track talk", but I think they're getting a little too green happy over at ford. Just think, if ford decided to do away with their V8's, how many other american companies would follow suit? Edlebrock would be making a forture off of all the pissed off muscle enthusiasts like us, who would suddenly be flocking to them for the 8 cylinder adrenaline boost we all crave and so desperately need in our lives.

I dont like it. I dont like it one bit.

off topic, that new challenger really makes me consider if adjusting my lifestyle around a car payment would be worth it....

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
Last time I read about the death of the V8 was back in 1978.....
So much for what you read....but I guess we will see.

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Its Motortrend. They voted the Honda Ridgeline truck of the year....

No way I'm believing them...

My94GT

Established Member
no way that will happen the bean counters at ford would not allow for two turbos they would only aprove of one :lol1:

snakecharmer

Established Member
Already been discussed in numerous threads here. Ford is very aware that there are a large contingent of pony fans (/me raises hand) that absolutely will not accept anything other than a V8. They can put a 750HP V6 in it for all I care. No V8 = no sale.

More likely I think what you will see is that the V8 becomes a very restricted option so as not to overly effect CAFE. Lower supply means demand will drive the prices up. Good for the dealers, bad for us buyers.

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Its Motortrend. They voted the Honda Ridgeline truck of the year....

No way I'm believing them...

Are you kidding me?
A Uni-body truck? Truck of the year, okay maybe for soccer moms lets see how that Ridge line handles 30 bags of sand and cement in the back of it.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
... how could a tt 6cylinder be better on gas. Last time I checked, a performance car sucks gas down no matter what. Check out all the true performance imports, they suck down as much as gas or more compared to domestic N/A V8s. hell even the silly v6 maximas get worse gas mileage than my 150,000 miled v8 cougar. this plan seems to suck if you ask me.

Rock777

Established Member
I wonder if this was in the April edition, aka April fools. Seriously though, there are several magazines that publish information and then in the May edition, they tell you that it was their attempt at a little April Fools humor.:shrug:

May be far fetched, but just throwing it out there, its possible.....

MustangJay

Banned
off topic, that new challenger really makes me consider if adjusting my lifestyle around a car payment would be worth it....

I have the Automobile mag. with the challenger they say its close to 700 pounds heavier than the new mustang...so i would still rather have a termi.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
it will never happen, it would cost so much more to do it

the srt8 challenger is an automatic :shrug: i was really pissed off when i found that out

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
it will never happen, it would cost so much more to do it

the srt8 challenger is an automatic :shrug: i was really pissed off when i found that out

Only for '08. For '09 6 speeds will be available. The production run for '08 is going to be real short anyways, so 6 speed versions won't be far behind. And FYI for the original poster......Supras are straight 6s.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
the challenger is huge and weighs 4100 pounds plus...thing is a fat tank, looks good but muscle cars should never ever be more than 4000 pounds and thats with a person...its not an suv

Users who are viewing this thread