Latest KB Dyno

Grover03

Established Member
614rwhp/614rwtq std
17lb boost
Unfortunately it was running lean, hanging around 13:1. Not good.
The KB chip seems to make more power but too lean. Holds 60psi at idle. The diablo was only 38psi at idle.
Quick question, when plugging in the KB chip, there are two leads to plug into the switch, one with a yellow wire and one with a brown wire. Which one represents the normal mode and which is the shootout mode? I wonder if I have them backwards? Nothing in the instructions.

Grover

stangin

Established Member
Originally posted by Grover03
614rwhp/614rwtq std
17lb boost
Unfortunately it was running lean, hanging around 13:1. Not good.
The KB chip seems to make more power but too lean. Holds 60psi at idle. The diablo was only 38psi at idle.
Quick question, when plugging in the KB chip, there are two leads to plug into the switch, one with a yellow wire and one with a brown wire. Which one represents the normal mode and which is the shootout mode? I wonder if I have them backwards? Nothing in the instructions.

Grover

I have been trying to get over 600 / 600 with no luck even at 23 lbs of boost.. what are your mods, do you have headers and who tuned your chip.. how many times have you had your Diablo re-burned? Please let us know how you got to the 600 / 600 numbers, what did you have to do.. there are about half a dozen of us seeking the 600 / 600 combo with little luck. I see your numbers are STD so I am comparing my SAE to your STD which is a little lower, but still great numbers!

Are you using the KB switch with the Diablo Delta chip? it will work.. it does not matter how the actual back of the switch is hooked up it only matters if the contact is made or not, either the switch is on making electrical connection or off no connection. Diablo's switch is three position, on or off and third position turns the chip off completely back to stock program which the KB switch will not do - always on program one or two. I found out that KB actually has the switch made specifically for them so you cant turn it off so you cant damage the engine due to running lean - without a program. The first "power" is program one and the second tune "shootout" is for program two. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

stangin

Established Member
Good question, I have a feeling that it is dynojet and STD since they yeild the highest numbers.. he did say STD numbers. TTT as well.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
It's all in the tune. I've been struggling all year with an acceptable tune. Only time it was "ok" was at 15psi when i made 556rwhp..after that it all went to hell. 17psi yielded only 559rwhp..19psi yielded 574rwhp..24psi yielded 611rwhp and running ridiculously lean. Mind u these were with custom tuning! If your tuner doesn't know what he's doing then take it elsewhere. I decided to take it to JDM..BINGO..19psi yielded 637rwhp with an a/f of 12.0 and more importantly, perfect drivability. Hammer's car made even more impressive numbers at JDM, no doubt with some other minor modifications. Regardless..it's the tuner.

Last edited:

stangin

Established Member
I knew Coleman and shadowgrey03 would reply first lol.. my brotheren seeking what I am after :) 600 / 600 + with a decent A/F! Without having to make the long journey to get a dyno tune :)

Hey do either of you guys have LT's? I am debating the LT issue and wondering if we can make the 600 / 600 + with non LT headers or prefarably stock manifolds, but would rather make the numbers without LT's if possible.. not sure if it is possible.

coleman

Established Member
i'm sure it's possible w/o LTs, but with more boost than w/o -- is my thinking.
i've already got my K-member & am debating which LTs to get.
i want to see what i get w/ LTs & how much my boost drops off.

AMB

Established Member
KB Chip

The Power Setting=Switch OPEN; The Shootout Setting=Switch CLOSED.

AMB

stangin

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
It's all in the tune. I've been struggling all year with an acceptable tune. Only time it was "ok" was at 15psi when i made 556rwhp..after that it all went to hell. 17psi yielded only 559rwhp..19psi yielded 574rwhp..24psi yielded 611rwhp and running ridiculously lean. Mind u these were with custom tuning! If your tuner doesn't know what he's doing then take it elsewhere. I decided to take it to JDM..BINGO..19psi yielded 637rwhp with an a/f of 12.0 and more importantly, perfect drivability. Hammer's car made even more impressive numbers at JDM, no doubt with some other minor modifications. Regardless..it's the tuner.

Hey good to hear from xplicit.. as well! I am at 23 lbs with my KB combo as of now and cant seem to break much past the
500 / 500 by much. I had 520 / 570 with the stock injectors, KB chip.. good A/F, but should be seeing much more. I agree, all in the tune. After Rick at Amazon talked me into 55 lb injectors my numbers have been falling ever since.. yes, Hammer's numbers 660 / 605, but I really dont want to make the 9 + hour drive to JDM. I might try one last mail order tune, either Apten or Modulaar Madness, I cant decide. If this doesnt work I will make the drive to JDM.

stangin

Established Member
Re: KB Chip

Originally posted by AMB
The Power Setting=Switch OPEN; The Shootout Setting=Switch CLOSED.

AMB

Sounds reasonable.. I knew open and closed, just was not sure which program "open" and "closed" was.. thanks. AMB, do you run headers, which one's and what is your rwhp / tq, I cant remember who tuned your chip and what your numbers were.

Thanks

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I think the tune from Don @ modularladness is good one. Currently running 15lbs with Stock TB, injectors....etc and pulled 556/502. But with the numbers Xplicit is seeing from JDM, now might be the time to step up to 55lb INJ, and a 17 or 19lb pulley to get to that elusive 600/600 club......

AMB

Established Member
KB Dyno

I run both the KB chip and the JMS/Fordchip/Superchip chip. The last tune by JMS/Fordchip/Superchip was 570 SAERWHP, at 6000 RPMs, 600 SAERWTQ at 2500 RPMs before the belt starded to sread. I was at 20psi. I have Bassani Midlength Headers

AMB

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by stangin
Hey good to hear from xplicit.. as well! I am at 23 lbs with my KB combo as of now and cant seem to break much past the
500 / 500 by much. I had 520 / 570 with the stock injectors, KB chip.. good A/F, but should be seeing much more. I agree, all in the tune. After Rick at Amazon talked me into 55 lb injectors my numbers have been falling ever since.. yes, Hammer's numbers 660 / 605, but I really dont want to make the 9 + hour drive to JDM. I might try one last mail order tune, either Apten or Modulaar Madness, I cant decide. If this doesnt work I will make the drive to JDM.
Sean, if/when u decide to go to JDM let me know, i'll be sure to head there and meet up. When i get more free time i'll make a thread detailing what my old tunes used to do and the one from JDM does.

stangin

Established Member
Thanks Xplicit, I am going to try one more mail order tune with Apten.. I talked to Brian and he seems very knowledgeable and a nice guy. Failing that I will head up to JDM, I will let you know the out come.

Grover03

Established Member
No headers (see sig). On the Diablo chip. Never been reburned. The KB chip definitely shows more fuel pressure (60 at idle). Using KB's BAS, plugs gapped at .040
Sending chip back to KB for reburn this week
On a Dynojet.
Going to do some data logging tonight with the Autotap.
I will let you all know how it goes.

Grover

Users who are viewing this thread