Latest Dyno Run

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
300rwhp, 292rwtq... Mustang dyno, Tuned by HP Ranch. Mods in sig.

IMG_0164.jpg

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
I don't mean to be a downer but your numbers seem rather low for the mods you have on there. imo. I dyno'd my car just with bbk cai, pred tune, everything else stock and made 303rwhp and 304rwtq.

Just seems to me that with the cai and sct, intake done, and exhaust ur numbers would be a bit higher. but maybe im wrong.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
It's alright, you're wrong ;) Dyno's can be toyed with to make it look like more power. Plus, I'm running on a MD which puts load on the car. Depending on how it's smoothed, it'll show better numbers. When he played with the smoothing, it showed about 310rwhp. But I am not fudging the numbers.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
Yea, I realize they can be corrected and makes vary a lil. well its all how you want to look at it i suppose. Nice job though.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Yea, I realize they can be corrected and makes vary a lil. well its all how you want to look at it i suppose. Nice job though.

:beer: What was the funnest part is he has a drag racing program on the dyno! Out of 2 runs, I bested a 2.19 60ft and a 13.49. Hard to hook on metal drums.

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
We gotta run again! Or better yet wait til I go to Johns and get a custom tune!

I wonder how much gain I got with my JLT RAI.

Gotta try that drag race program he's got, sounds like fun.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
A bit off topic and I know that it is hard to estimate but what is the approximate difference in rwhp between a Mustang Dyno and a Dynojet for cars like ours (approx 280-320 rwhp)? Is it something like a Mustang Dyno indicates 95% of the rwhp that a Dynojet indicates?

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
A mustang dyno gives you the amount of power you are putting to the ground, dynojets give you a number that you would making at the flywheel. I always hate it when people post they made 330hp and dont say what dyno they used, Ive dyno'd 291 on a mustang dyno, If I went to a dynojet I would probably put down 320-330

Dynojets and MD's measure rear wheel hp
Dynojets don't put a load on the drums where as the MD does to simulate real world driving

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
A mustang dyno gives you the amount of power you are putting to the ground, dynojets give you a number that you would making at the flywheel. I always hate it when people post they made 330hp and dont say what dyno they used, Ive dyno'd 291 on a mustang dyno, If I went to a dynojet I would probably put down 320-330

Are you high? :lol:

I dunno what people are smoking nowadays, but it must be some gooooood shit!

Can someone correct this dude, I don't have the time to type up an education for him.

:bored:

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member

Dynojets and MD's measure rear wheel hp
Dynojets don't put a load on the drums where as the MD does to simulate real world driving

A dyno jet will not show what you make at the flywheel. Your transmission and differential will eat horsepower regardless. The biggest difference is the way the rollers are weighted. a Mustang Dyno typically makes it setup like the car is running on a road. This increased load show a little lower but in all reality a little more accurate numbers. Dynojets are weighted slightly if at all and will spin with less resistance, but WILL NOT show flywheel HP. The difference between a Mustang Dyno and Dynojet is supposedly around 8-12% but ive heard less as well.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
a dyno jet will not show what you make at the flywheel. Your transmission and differential will eat horsepower regardless. The biggest difference is the way the rollers are weighted. A mustang dyno typically makes it setup like the car is running on a road. This increased load show a little lower but in all reality a little more accurate numbers. Dynojets are weighted slightly if at all and will spin with less resistance, but will not show flywheel hp. The difference between a mustang dyno and dynojet is supposedly around 8-12% but ive heard less as well.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread