Late payment on ticket

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
So I got four tickets within two months and I paid off the first two. The due date for that was 10.27.10. The remaining two had a due date of 11.22.10.

For weeks I had the due dates all mixed up now that I realize. I thought the most previous two tickets had a due date of 11.27.10, so I figure I had enough time. I look back at it and realize the due date was 11.22.10. I just got back from my local Amscot (where I paid em off).

In the state of Florida, Orange County, what are the consequences of my actions? ..Or rather..lack of???? I have intentions of joining the state troopers within the next year or so and I would absolutely HATE for this to hinder me.

So..consequences of my actions???? Thanks in advance. :(

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Drivers license suspension/cancellation. Further consequences if caught driving after suspension/cancellation.

If license is canceled/suspended you will have to pay reinstatement fee after original ticket(s) are satisfied.

Not sure if subject to arrest/warrant but it may be a possibility (Florida LEO's will be able to clarify this one)

I suggest you take care of them ASAP.

txyaloo

Established Member
Your four tickets in two months is going to affect you either way. The failure to pay is just icing on the cake. I honestly wouldn't put being a trooper in your short term goals with your current driving record.

You need to contact the court clerk and find out if there is a failure to appear warrant. If there isn't, you need to pay the tickets ASAP.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Your four tickets in two months is going to affect you either way. The failure to pay is just icing on the cake. I honestly wouldn't put being a trooper in your short term goals with your current driving record.

You need to contact the court clerk and find out if there is a failure to appear warrant. If there isn't, you need to pay the tickets ASAP.

That is sage advice.

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
I checked the DHSMV website and it says valid. I checked it a couple times already. I'm just waiting to see if it'll change once the work week resumes. I'm crossing my fingers!

Users who are viewing this thread