Late model resto tuner?

clc44

Established Member
I was looking at their cobra jet set up. Sve tunes are sent with the kit. Are they any good or would you advice using that to drive on until getting a lund, mike r, aed or another tuner to tune the car? My car is an auto btw.

Thanks!!!

KushBandit

Established Member
What throttle body are you going with? Twin 60mm, Twin 65mm or Monoblade 140mm?

If you get the Monoblade, only a handful of tuners know how to tune that to have good driveability.

clc44

Established Member
What throttle body are you going with? Twin 60mm, Twin 65mm or Monoblade 140mm?

If you get the Monoblade, only a handful of tuners know how to tune that to have good driveability.
I see you have the cj set up with an auto. Would you recommend it? Any track numbers or dyno numbers?

KushBandit

Established Member
They sale it with the mono. Isn't it worth the gains? Or are they small?

The Monoblade gains are minimal. Good for roughly 5 rwhp. The throttle response is the reason to get it over the other throttle bodies available. The Monoblade TB is actually designed for the Super Cobra Jets, and they have a blower.

I see you have the cj set up with an auto. Would you recommend it?

That depends on how you drive your car. Do you mind revving the engine to 7750rpm? With RPMs that high, billet oil pump gears are a wise investment. Boss valve springs wouldn't hurt either. I plan on installing mine soon. Also, there is slight torque loss in the lower RPM range(2000-3000) when cruising. This is the nature of the beast when switching from long intake runners to short runners. The idle will be higher than stock with the Monoblade, around 800rpm.

If you don't mind revving the engine that high, go for it. I really only recommend the Cobra Jet stuff if you plan on staying NA. If you go plan on FI, I'd just get a boss manifold.

Any track numbers or dyno numbers?

Haven't gone to the track yet. Waiting for cooler weather. I put down 448rwhp/400rwtq on pump gas at a local Mopar shop. The dyno was a dynojet.

clc44

Established Member
i plan on staying na. I want to get long tubes and off road x. Didn't the 13/14 come with better oil pump gears? I don't mind revving to say 7300-7500. I wouldn't do it often as I do spirited driving to about 6k, but I'd let it rip if racing someone or at the track. Still advice it? I want a 4c or 3c circle d converter.

clc44

Established Member
I dd my car and will for another 40k miles. I want to get the most na I can while not drastically reducing the dd ability.

KushBandit

Established Member
No, the '13/14s didn't get better oil pump gears. The '13/14s have coated pistons because Ford deleted the oil squirters from the '11/12s.

If you're planning on staying NA, I say go for it. It costs a bit more over the Boss manifold, but its worth it for a NA car. Tasca Parts probably has the cheapest pricing on the parts.

KushBandit

Established Member
Lund Racing, AED, Mid-Atlantic performance. Those are the few I know that can tune a Monoblade Cobra Jet for daily driving. Not that others can't, however I've seen threads regarding drivability issues from certain tuners that don't have the proper maps for the throttle body calibration.

I'm tuned by Mike Rousch, who runs Mid-Atlantic Performance. However, I wouldn't hesitate to go with Lund or AED.

Users who are viewing this thread