Last photoshoot of the year, mooch pics inside

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Welp I got my flame suit on for this one :burnout: :pop:

Mooch came down to visit a couple weeks ago, we got a chance to snag some pics as always :beer: :banana:

Here's some background info on the newest addition...

-A few months back when I finished getting the car together, my front bumper got ripped off while I was loading the car onto my trailer :bash: The bumper cracked in several places and was pretty much destroyed (broke mounting tabs off etc) My buddy had a 99/01 bumper in his garage so I decided to snatch it and throw it on the car to finish the year off. But I got an itch to modify it...some of you may know that the 99/01 bumpers with a factory 03/04 hood leaves a huge gap between the hood and bumper. Since my factory bumper was destroyed, I decided to use it wisely. I cut off part of the top mounting tabs and attached them to the 99/01 bumper. With some molding and sanding time, it turned out fantastic and eliminated that horrible gap. I also made some brackets to mount my 03 fogs in there as well. All said and done, the car pulls the bumper off extremely well. Although I'm sure most of you will despise it, I do like it. However I also plan to buy another 03/04 bumper with new bezels, fogs, chin spoiler etc this winter. I will most likely swap back and forth. Here's some pics

Before:

IMG_8825.jpg

IMG_8965.jpg

IMG_8968.jpg

IMG_8980.jpg

IMG_8997.jpg

IMG_8848.jpg

Finished:

IMG_9031.jpg

IMG_9088.jpg

And destroyed or not, I couldn't throw the bumper away. So I improvised and made this:

IMG_9205.jpg

IMG_9209.jpg

It turned out nicely. Here are Mooch's pics which came out awesome as always:

Nick10.jpg

Nick06-1.jpg

Nick07.jpg

Nick11.jpg

Nick09.jpg

Nick05.jpg

Nick08.jpg

Nick13.jpg

Nick04.jpg

Nick03.jpg

Nick02.jpg

Nick12.jpg

Palmer

Established Member
Beautiful car! I can't decide if I like the bumper on the car or not, but the bumper on the wall with lights is a really cool idea!

MTBSully

Established Member
Awesome work modifying the bumper man. Car looks great as usual.

My only gripe with 99/01 bumpers on 03-04 cars is that they dont come down far enough to fully hide the H/E. Other than that looks great

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Car is gorgeous. Bumper looks great. And I love your new "mood" lighting setup for the work bench.

Users who are viewing this thread