Last minute photoshoot of my CTS-V

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
9M8GO.gif

KzooMuscle

Established Member
Buddy offered to do some rolling shots and a few stills last friday night. So cleaned her up real quick and think they came out pretty good.

6CAE0E7B-B73F-46C6-8998-F3D017EAF4D7_zpsdrk65c3v.jpg

Beautiful car. I am in the market for one, any pointers you can suggest to keep an eye out for when looking at a used V? Any issues that you have encountered to be aware about? I know people reinforce the brick right away..anything else?

white99stang

Established Member
What mufflers are you running? I have a V2 with full catless exhaust going into the stock mufflers and I don't truly enjoy the sound.

I am using stock mufflers also, but have QTP cutouts when i want it loud. It had corsa sports on it when purchased and to me sounded perfect, but too loud for daughter. so had to compromise.

white99stang

Established Member
Beautiful car. I am in the market for one, any pointers you can suggest to keep an eye out for when looking at a used V? Any issues that you have encountered to be aware about? I know people reinforce the brick right away..anything else?

They are pretty good and reliable. check the front shocks and rear shocks for fluid leaking on outside, they are expensive. They wear down the inside front of tires very quickly if lowered, if after alignment just fyi. Mine will be up for sale in another month or two, building a new house and need to make sure all finances are in order.

Dinosgt

Established Member
I tried to calculate mine but quickly stopped caring, lol. May need to look at it since I do some longer drives recently.

FWIW - Moderate stop and go and lots of traffic lights, mixed with a few miles of freeway each day. Rarely nail it more than a few times a tank. I get about 14.5 mpg. That's about what the Shelby gets under similar circumstances. Best was about 18-19 if on the highway under about 75 mph for a long distance.

Large displacement blower motor with 4000+ lb car makes for crummy gas mileage. For comparison, I have a RC F that is a naturally aspirated V8 that gets about 19 on same route and can crack 25 on highway.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
FWIW - Moderate stop and go and lots of traffic lights, mixed with a few miles of freeway each day. Rarely nail it more than a few times a tank. I get about 14.5 mpg. That's about what the Shelby gets under similar circumstances. Best was about 18-19 if on the highway under about 75 mph for a long distance.

Large displacement blower motor with 4000+ lb car makes for crummy gas mileage. For comparison, I have a RC F that is a naturally aspirated V8 that gets about 19 on same route and can crack 25 on highway.

I know it isn't even remotely efficient, and I don't really care. As long as I enjoy driving it, that's what matters. That said, a taller 6th gear would have been nice.

It's gotten to the point I laugh that I burned half a tank on a 140 mile round trip (mainly highway). Might as well enjoy that since I will be going E85 soon which is even worse.

Dinosgt

Established Member
I know it isn't even remotely efficient, and I don't really care. As long as I enjoy driving it, that's what matters. That said, a taller 6th gear would have been nice.

It's gotten to the point I laugh that I burned half a tank on a 140 mile round trip (mainly highway). Might as well enjoy that since I will be going E85 soon which is even worse.

Totally agree. Just wanted to share the data. I don't care about gas mileage either... everything in life has trade Offs, and for now, big HP costs fuel.

Love the power and cushy ride of a CTSV. Great car.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Totally agree. Just wanted to share the data. I don't care about gas mileage either... everything in life has trade Offs, and for now, big HP costs fuel.

Love the power and cushy ride of a CTSV. Great car.

Agreed.

Do you have the Recaros? Lot of people complain about them, but it's becasue they take time to adjust to you. Hell I still occasionally mess with the settings, lol.

Dinosgt

Established Member

Totally agree - It is what it is. Love the car as a DD!

Users who are viewing this thread