Last Air Assault

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Last night was probably the most amazing air assault I've done thus far throughout this deployment and would be my last air assault. Went straight to the target house with wires surrounded the whole LZ and trees in the middle of the the LZ with houses surrounded all our Mikes in a 360 degree radius. Little to say with out putting out much info is that anything went that night. Was like a video game... Dropping SF guys off and for the GFC telling us that if shit pops off to drop the bags they left for us in the aircraft which were full of every explosive imaginable. Was a sad night for me b/c that would be the last time I used the HITMAN call sign... The infill and exfill was just a movie tale ending. Few of our pilots trying to get videos from last night so I'll be posting that night on the net soon. Was very epic

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
air assault missions are always cool to conduct... especially combined with a slingload and raid on an objective (cqb); i can't believe that i'm getting paid for doing such! LOL!

air borne ranger signing out!

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
air assault missions are always cool to conduct... especially combined with a slingload and raid on an objective (cqb); i can't believe that i'm getting paid for doing such! LOL!

air borne ranger signing out!

Yeah I can't believe I fly in a multi-million dollar helicopter, and get to shoot a gun and also get paid for it. Love my job. Last night was just amazing. Aircraft was full of semtex, claymores, grenades, etc... Was bad ass.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Yeah I can't believe I fly in a multi-million dollar helicopter, and get to shoot a gun and also get paid for it. Love my job. Last night was just amazing. Aircraft was full of semtex, claymores, grenades, etc... Was bad ass.

what's your branch or mos?

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
yeah I get it now lol... 15T is a BlackHawk mechanic/crewchief... Start out doing maintenance but later on throughout my career I got selected to a flight company

good deal! i have yet to take command... holding out since i enjoy deploying right now (tax-free is a great thing)! :thumbsup:

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
thanks for your service man. Sounds like you lucked out when it came to your MOS. Any advice for a guy wondering if he should join the Army or Marines? (Im in community college right now with no direction and about to get my liberal arts degree) I like military things and have a few friends in the early process of being in the military

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
thanks for your service man. Sounds like you lucked out when it came to your MOS. Any advice for a guy wondering if he should join the Army or Marines? (Im in community college right now with no direction and about to get my liberal arts degree) I like military things and have a few friends in the early process of being in the military

I couldn't tell you what branch you should choose b/c everyone prefrence is different. Me personally I love the army b/c I love my MOS b/c before I even joined I was always around it in the civilian world. I told my recruiter if I couldn't get this MOS I'm not joining at all and sure as shit the same day they had a slot opened. But I can say, finish up your college b/c its going to look good when you come into the military. You'll have a step ahead of most new guys.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
So, what you're saying is, your last mission went out with a...........

***ahem***

Wait for it.........

BANG?????

csi-miami.jpg

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
I couldn't tell you what branch you should choose b/c everyone prefrence is different. Me personally I love the army b/c I love my MOS b/c before I even joined I was always around it in the civilian world. I told my recruiter if I couldn't get this MOS I'm not joining at all and sure as shit the same day they had a slot opened. But I can say, finish up your college b/c its going to look good when you come into the military. You'll have a step ahead of most new guys.

thanks. and of course I will finish my associates degree I am only 5 credits away according to my school webpage.
What do you think about when people say choose a job that transfers well to the civilian world? what if i don't like any of the jobs that transfer well and that one of the main reasons for wanting to join is to do a job you can't do anywhere else. (Combat Arms) or something else that is different

(hijacking i know but im trying to interview as many people in the service as i can lol)

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
thanks. and of course I will finish my associates degree I am only 5 credits away according to my school webpage.
What do you think about when people say choose a job that transfers well to the civilian world? what if i don't like any of the jobs that transfer well and that one of the main reasons for wanting to join is to do a job you can't do anywhere else. (Combat Arms) or something else that is different

(hijacking i know but im trying to interview as many people in the service as i can lol)

Me personally I would say choose a MOS that will transfer well in the civilian world. The way the economy looks right now you would want a MOS that would open doors for you when you get out of the military. Regardless, you should choose a MOS that suits you and that YOU know you will LIKE/LOVE a lot, b/c you're going to be stuck with that MOS until your contract is up. Me my MOS will transfer well in the civilian world like being able to work with Sikorsky, Virginia Boys (which is hella secretive), Coast Guard as their QA, DRS, Blackwater who now name has changed, etc... Just do a lot of research man

Why Try?

Established Member

Im a Combat Arms Instructor (small arms weapons)in the Air Force... great gig but for us its not a duty you can do forever.. shread out of Security Forces (police)... i agree above, pick the branch that best suit you.. me it was Air Force, quality of life for the enlisted side is top notch.. but more brains then brawn when making rank so keep that in mind as well... i would never join for chances of a job on the outside cause 4-6 years of your life is just that... but good luck :beer:

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
Im a Combat Arms Instructor (small arms weapons)in the Air Force... great gig but for us its not a duty you can do forever.. shread out of Security Forces (police)... i agree above, pick the branch that best suit you.. me it was Air Force, quality of life for the enlisted side is top notch.. but more brains then brawn when making rank so keep that in mind as well... i would never join for chances of a job on the outside cause 4-6 years of your life is just that... but good luck :beer:

Well I was never able to get a hold of my last air assault video... Taking a big step forward in my life and doing 160th SOAR... Ready to assault shit again

Users who are viewing this thread