laser eye surgery guys, come on in.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I'm not bad, contact powers are 1.25 and 1.75. I'm tired of them and glasses. what is the latest and greatest, I like being outside and drive a lot at night, I've heard quite a few problems with halos, starbursts etc. people who have had it done or research into the differing technologies out there, what is the best, I play sports, so the flap might be a bad thing as I heard they can become dislodged.

I have no other issues that would keep me from getting them done medically.

do's don't, comments, thoughts, before and after impressions, heal time etc? any information from actual people would be appreciated. eye doctor input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I paid $600 to have both eyes done at the Lasik Institute in Milwaukee, WI about 10 years ago. Still have perfect vision to this day. Best money I ever spent.

No halos, floaters, nothing. I was watching TV the night of my surgery.

I had the cut/flap surgery.

Last edited:

cobra_mer

Established Member
I know the cut flap surgery can dislodge that is why the Army wont allow anyone who is airborne qualified: static/MFF to have it done. They do allow the others though and pay for them!

So if you ever want to skydive don't get the flap surgery. If you know you will never jump from a perfectly good plane go ahead and go that route! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread