Las Vegas tuner needed

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I posted in A Taste of Home but didn't get much response. I'm in the process of moving to Las Vegas from Dallas and will need a new tuner and/or shop to take the Cobra to. I've found they only have 91 octane fuel so it's a bit of a concern to me about getting on it with my current tune. Appreciate any info and look forward to meeting the desert SVT group. TIA.

PonyFever

Established Member
Thanks for the info. No plans to run this tune for very long so I'll be contacting Dan in the very near future. Catch you around.

dynobobstieg

Do not personally know of any tuner's there. There are some mail order tunes that work very well with the right Tuner. Check around for a Dyno in your area and ask on the forum who uses mail order tunes and which tuner to go with we do have one Supporting Vendor on the site that many have used and they do will work with you.
Thanks

PonyFever

Established Member
Thanks Bob (?).

Frankly, I'm pretty surprised at the lack of activity out here considering all the exotics in the city so far. I'll give DynoDan a call and see how his shop sounds. There's supposedly a muscle car group out here as well that may have a contact.

Man, I'm going to miss HPP being so convenient.

Thanks again guys.

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
If you don't mind a 3 hour road trip from Vegas you can take it to Greg at RET here in Socal. He can get you dialed in nicely to run in the heat on 91 octane with max power.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
+1 for Dyno Dan

Just a bit of info.

Dyno Dan (Hourigan) works for Dyno jet research, you know the company that makes the dynos. He has helped develop the software that everyone else in the world uses when they dyno your car on a dynojet. He has tuned hundreds of Fords, and I personally know atleast 20 people that have had 03/04 Cobras tuned by him, including myself. He knows his shit.

There are atleast 6+ people on this forum that have had Terminators tuned by him.

However, because his primary job is working for Dyno jet, he only tunes cars on Saturday as a side business. So it may take you some time to get into him.

There is another tuner that I feel comfortable recommending, his name is Gil Navarez, he's with Nevarez Racing Products. He tuned my 06 GT and did a good job.

PonyFever

Established Member
If you don't mind a 3 hour road trip from Vegas you can take it to Greg at RET here in Socal. He can get you dialed in nicely to run in the heat on 91 octane with max power.

Thanks for the info. My kids live in Riverside/Corona so this will be good to know in the future.

PonyFever

Established Member
+1 for Dyno Dan

Just a bit of info.

Dyno Dan (Hourigan) works for Dyno jet research, you know the company that makes the dynos. He has helped develop the software that everyone else in the world uses when they dyno your car on a dynojet. He has tuned hundreds of Fords, and I personally know atleast 20 people that have had 03/04 Cobras tuned by him, including myself. He knows his shit.

There are atleast 6+ people on this forum that have had Terminators tuned by him.

However, because his primary job is working for Dyno jet, he only tunes cars on Saturday as a side business. So it may take you some time to get into him.

There is another tuner that I feel comfortable recommending, his name is Gil Navarez, he's with Nevarez Racing Products. He tuned my 06 GT and did a good job.

Sounds like a solid referral. I don't mind weekend tunes as long as he knows his business (like it sounds like). I'll get in touch with him. Thanks again,

madridlv70duece

Established Member
+1 for Dyno Dan

Just a bit of info.

Its a really old thread i know, but out of Gil and Dan, who would you go with:shrug:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Dan moved to Montana and Gil has been running the speed shop over at Shelby Corp. for a while now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread