Largest tire on a stock 03 cobra rim

Skip03Vert

Established Member
Hey all, probably has been asked before, kind of new here but don't bash me for posting this because the search item is broken.

I have a 2003 drop top cobra and I just want to know what's the widest tire I can fit on my car. Thanks

TermySnake

Established Member
Hey all, probably has been asked before, kind of new here but don't bash me for posting this because the search item is broken.

I have a 2003 drop top cobra and I just want to know what's the widest tire I can fit on my car. Thanks

315/35/17 NT555r DR :burnout:

KILRSVT

Established Member
putting sumitomo 315/35R17 on mine tommorow. they actually measure out at 295 so It will be good. However BG goodrich or goodyear 315 becuase they are real 315 they will be considerably wider, dont think it would work on a 17x9 wheel.

svtleen

Established Member
putting sumitomo 315/35R17 on mine tommorow. they actually measure out at 295 so It will be good. However BG goodrich or goodyear 315 becuase they are real 315 they will be considerably wider, dont think it would work on a 17x9 wheel.

What size rims are you running on the rear to fit 315's?

s_x_i

Established Member
You can run this... but you need an irs blot from Maximum Motorsports. Lethal has them for about $210

radial-drag-mh-roadmaster-tires-large.jpg

It's a very skinny 325 will fit a 9" rim! (hooks like a mother****er, DOES NOT go round corners!)

gnxs

Established Member
You can run this... but you need an irs blot from Maximum Motorsports. Lethal has them for about $210

It's a very skinny 325 will fit a 9" rim! (hooks like a mother****er, DOES NOT go round corners!)
Agreed. Probably the stickiest tire you can fit on a stock sized rim.

To the OP, take note: it's a 28 inch tall tire.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member

What tire is this?

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned

i wouldnt run them...i used to run them because they were cheap and to throw them on to save a couple bucks but they are crappy tires, they dont do to good exspecially when you want to stick jmo:beer:

Jefe

Established Member

Like Sleeper said, dont waste your money on the Sumitomos. I couldnt get them to hook with 251rwhp on my last Mustang. Couldnt imagine how horrible they would be on a boosted Cobra

Id recommend the 275/40 Nitto NT05's if anything...The 315 555r looks funk on the stock 9" rim to me

Users who are viewing this thread