Largest injectors for stock PCM

98SnakeHorse

Established Member
Currently have 80lbrs and was thinking of bumping up to a set of 1000cc or 1500cc injectors for the e85 switch. What is the max the factory pcm will allow?

Zemedici

Established Member
Who’s tuning the car? Have you asked your tuner which injectors he likes to work with / recommends?

Injectors are VERY important - no accurate flow data = expensive paperweights

98SnakeHorse

Established Member
Who’s tuning the car? Have you asked your tuner which injectors he likes to work with / recommends?

Injectors are VERY important - no accurate flow data = expensive paperweights

I go through excessive autosports out of Sioux Falls, SD. Haven’t talked to him about it yet. If it’s not the pcm I have to worry about going that big then I won’t worry about spending the big bucks on some nice injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
You could get injectors and a driver from Acceleronics. I have 120lb Lucas injectors and driver from them. I've never had a single problem and driveability is great. It's also much cheaper than ID injectors.

decipha

Established Member
I've tuned quite a few 220lb injectors with stock ecu's with no problems. In fact I run ID2000s on my daily driver with the stock PCM on regular 87 - 93 octane pump gas idling at 600 rpm.

Not many tuners will run 220lb injectors on the stock ecu so check with yours to see if they will. BTW, if you want to do a remote tune contact me and I can get you a bundled deal on the injectors and tune.

What are your goals for the vehicle?

98SnakeHorse

Established Member
I've tuned quite a few 220lb injectors with stock ecu's with no problems. In fact I run ID2000s on my daily driver with the stock PCM on regular 87 - 93 octane pump gas idling at 600 rpm.

Not many tuners will run 220lb injectors on the stock ecu so check with yours to see if they will. BTW, if you want to do a remote tune contact me and I can get you a bundled deal on the injectors and tune.

What are your goals for the vehicle?

Thanks for the info. Car is a turbo 2v, looking to make around 600/650whp on e85. Wasnt sure if the 80lb injectors would make the cut. Tuning with sct on the stock pcm. Does the sct x4 allow for remote tuning?

SVT GI

Established Member
Yes any SCT handheld can be used for remote tuning.

No need to go the biggest you can on injectors, right size them for your combo with maybe some room for growth in the future. As stated earlier, your tuner will be your limit.

There are plenty of injector calculators out there to help guide your decision. But for reference, you’ll be at 90% duty cycle at 43.5 base fuel pressure with 80s to 700 rwhp on E85. Bump base to 50lbs and it will drop duty cycle a little. If you’re set on new injectors, ID1050X will be more than plenty.

decipha

Established Member
you'll be fine

injector reference chart
Pre Tune Information / EFIDynoTuning

sct is old school and antiquated. 10 years ago the moates quarterhorse came out which allows you to do realtime tuning which basically put an end to that old archaic sct method of tuning.

make sure you get GENUINE siemens injectors. Most siemens you see for sale are fakes. There is absolutely no way to know other than cutting them open and sending them to siemens. The only known vendor for siemens is chris at poweraddersolutions. Treperformance, ebay, amazon, etc... all sell fake knock offs.

98SnakeHorse

Established Member
Thanks all. I’m pretty confident I got genuine SD injectors. Also sounds like my setup will be good for this year. Plans are to go Holley in the future. But a lot will change in the engine compartment when it comes to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread