Largest battery?

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
I let my battery drain to zero last winter and I've put quite a stereo system in my car. I also managed to drain it a few times at parties this summer. The battery wont last more than a few days if I don't drive it so I'm looking for a new one.

I plan on upgrading the alternator this winter, but I would also like a larger capacity battery without having to relocate to the trunk. I saw Odyssey has something close with the PC1200. Before I head to the store to try to get some guy to try fitting batteries in my car I'd like to know if anyone's done this already.

Thanks

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Reserve capacity of the battery will only increase the time you can run the stereo without the car running. When it's running, the battery isn't even considered, the alternator is. If you do not have enough amperage (current) to supply a massive audio system, you will need a larger alternator.

However, your battery is defective, requiring replacement. There are options out there, and I'm sure a few car audio pros can chime in on what the latest and greatest is. I've been out of the game since 2007.

Mugzy

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I'm fine when driving. Stays at 14.4v unless I'm trying to destroy my hearing, then I get dips into the high 13s. The new class D amps are pretty damn efficient.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I'm fine when driving. Stays at 14.4v unless I'm trying to destroy my hearing, then I get dips into the high 13s. The new class D amps are pretty damn efficient.

They are really efficient. If you are able to jam and maintain high 13 volts, you are fine. Change the battery and rock on.

Mugzy

Established Member
One bump during prime-time.

The only thing that frustrates me about these cars is I can hardly ever find any info on anything that doesn't have to do with performance.

Entrenched

Established Member
I ran the Optima red top replacement 35R in my car. It is the same size as the factory one but has 720 CCA w/90 minute reserve. I still have one of these in my garage I use to jump cars off with.

Mugzy

Established Member
Excellent info. I'll have to check the size of that 35r.

Thank you Sir.

Users who are viewing this thread