Larger intake gaskets?

VinnyRock

Drinkin' gas haulin' ass
Established Member
Does anybody know who makes a larger intake gasket for 03/04 cobra heads? I swear i read that someone does but can't find it now. Gunna do some port work and the stock gaskets are perfect with the port now just wanna open it up a bit and need the gasket to match. Any help would be great. Thanks......

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
I am not aware that anyone makes a larger gasket. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I had to port my gaskets to fit the intake ports of my heads.

VinnyRock

Drinkin' gas haulin' ass
Established Member
Somebody has to. Companies that sell ported 4v heads with larger intake ports would be crazy to use the stock intake gaskets. They gotta be out there.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think you can grind the plastic to match the port as long as you don't go to big on the ports and break into the silicone bead on the gasket.

Making the ports bigger won't buy you much in the way of power this is not an NA engine. Don't increase the port opening size, I would just smooth the entry into the bowl area and the bowls themselves. Same can be done on the exhaust side which can be polished to minimize heat transfer. Forced induction can easily pack more charge then the engine can stand. I think a port job is worth about 30 hp on a Terminator mill. It's an expensive job if you pay someone to do it and very time consuming if you do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread