Laptop imaging solution

Vizior

Established Member
Hey,

I have a number of laptops that I'm managing and I'm attempting to clone them. They are panasonic toughbooks, so the laptops have a very unique connection that keeps me from simply attaching the harddrive to another computer to image. Any suggestions on adapters or other means? I have a direct USB transfer cable, or access to a number of programs, just interested in some other ideas.

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
Hey,

I have a number of laptops that I'm managing and I'm attempting to clone them. They are panasonic toughbooks, so the laptops have a very unique connection that keeps me from simply attaching the harddrive to another computer to image. Any suggestions on adapters or other means? I have a direct USB transfer cable, or access to a number of programs, just interested in some other ideas.
To image a drive and thereby clone a computer both computers have got to be IDENTICAL right down to every last component or forget about it wont work.

Here is a google search for you.

Vizior

Established Member
All of the computers are identical. The issue is that I'm not sure the hardware configuration in order to have access to the second HDD that I'm cloning ONTO. I have attempted to boot from an external, but it is giving me difficulties. I'm also considering using a server to deploy the image.

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
All of the computers are identical. The issue is that I'm not sure the hardware configuration in order to have access to the second HDD that I'm cloning ONTO. I have attempted to boot from an external, but it is giving me difficulties. I'm also considering using a server to deploy the image.
if you trying to boot from and external drive you have to go into your bios at the boot up of your comp and select it to boot from the other drive option.

Vizior

Established Member
Yeah, after which I inevitably get all sorts of MBR issues. I was just curious if anyone had a thought as to how I could simply use one laptop to clone another without an external HDD in between.

Users who are viewing this thread