Lancer Evolution vs Mustang Mach1 (Video)

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I left the track and gunned it in 3rd gear to find out that I'd been running 18psi the whole time. I had set my boost but I think the locking nut came loose or something, what ever. That combined with my crappy driving produced these results.....the whole day I'm scratching my head wondering why I was trapping so low. Also, keep in mind that I have exactly 3 runs on this setup (new turbo, clutch) and exactly 0 runs on the rebuilt trans. On the third and final run, I finally figured out the launch.

Big props to the dude in the Mach1, I got to talk to him and his old man (I think). Cool guys.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/20D0B397-7185-4AE3-8887-FFE0DD7A8A7E.htm

I uploaded this to streetfire, but it's being hella slow, so you'll have to settle for youtube ATM.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
looked like on the third run your windshield wipers were on????

good video

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I wacked the little wiper control when my hand went to the shifter.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
4tun8 said:
I changed it to streetfire, should be gtg now.

NOpe still won't let me. I even did their little 'test' of what player.....regular macro popped up, so I dont' know what is going on. :(

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
People didn't understand that the 2nd video there was a joke lol. Read some of the comments and people are pissed!

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
Damn the headers you got on look freakin SICK!!! Also, atleast from the poor sound quality of the video, your car sounds like a freakin rape rally car!! I know it "IS" a rally car but I have never heard a stock evo sound like that.

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Good Kill and runs. Were you and the Mach the only cars there? Good trap speed too. Looks like the Mach owner was inconsistant to say the least. 13.9 @ 100, 13.7 and then 13.2 @ 104. Anyway, congrats on the 12 sec pass.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I don't think the guy driving the Mach had a lot of seat time with the car. I mean, rome wasn't built in a day, and he went low 13s. I think that's a real accomplishment.

SLVRF16

Established Member
On a 20g, you should be well into the high 11s/ low 12s. I don't understand your trap speeds though. A stock turbo'd EVO could get that with just intake,exhaust, and boost.

Did you tune the car?

-M

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Mark at TurboTrix tuned it, it's not his fault, it's my fault, I had the boost turned down.

On 21psi at that track I think the car should trap 116 or so. It was really fat when I started looking at the AFR's.

Users who are viewing this thread