Lakewood Torque Arm? Had no idea!

draxxus131

Established Member
So, I have a question for everyone on here. To my understanding Lakewood has a decent track record with mustangs, but when in the heck did they release a torque arm for our chassis? I was surfing around and came across a few sites that had an image of a "boxed" style torque arm and it was manufactured by Lakewood!? Funny enough I proceed to check Lakewood and to my freaking astonishment, their site shows barely anything for Mustangs and not even a single piece of evidence for a torque arm.

Is this part even real? Has anyone purchase a torque arm from Lakewood? I am asking mainly for the quality and if it's worth what your paying (about $600) which isn't bad at all.

draxxus131

Established Member
You know your right super mega lurker, thank you for pulling up that catalog for me. I guess all the bright colors and writings on the website made me distracted from seeing that page. So wow, my question now for everybody is HOW IS IT???

Anybody ever purchased one for a past/present vehicle from Lakewood?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Hmmm, considering that the Whiteline UCA and mount are $250 anyway, I'd be very interested in doing a torque arm conversion for this price. A good TA, Watt's link, and adjustable LCAs should make a smooth handling setup. I'm looking forward to feedback on this.

draxxus131

Established Member
Exactly my thoughts to, I wonder when BMR will be testing their torque arm¿! I have high hopes for them.

5.0_SD

Established Member
Kelly told me they have a few things to finish up before they even start on the TA (Watts, adj end links, sway bar, axle tube brace, etc). No offense to drag racers and the guys at BMR, but they should have done the TA before an axle tube brace :(
It would have been nice for them to have a complete, ultimate road racing, auto-x, etc suspension package...you know, watts, ta, lca's and all the front end stuff they have already... but I understand that it's hard to please everyone, lol

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
For road racing, I think getting the rear all in shape is all you're really going to need unless you're super competitive. The front needs struts/springs or COs, CC plates, a strut brace, and a sway bar. I don't see the need for a K-member, A-arms, etc. for road racing. It's better for sure, but I think that's more for extreme weight savings. It has a place, I just don't think the average road racer is going to push the car hard enough to notice the difference in those parts. I could be wrong as I haven't used those parts personally. That being said, I'd love to get the BMR K setup, it's just going to be way down my priority list.

5.0_SD

Established Member
Changing from the stock K is really going to help lighten these beastie's...so not just for road racing, it's for ANY racing...moar lighter leads to moar faster. Yes it will be an expensive en devour to do all I want to do, but I want it right the first time.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Plus it will remove weight from the front end and held distribute the center balance of the car. every little bit helps.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I agree with all of that, but as I said, it's going to be less of a difference than many other things for the cost. Thus, way down my priority list. I definitely want it! I want a lot more than I can afford though.

draxxus131

Established Member
Saving weight helps every bit, especially when adding bracing, torque arm, watts linkage. These all add weight overall, but the pro's outweigh the cons. Then again "JENNY CRAIG" as I like to say.

draxxus131

Established Member
Alright, well back on topic. SO NO ONE, has any input on the Lakewood product line for our vehicles?

Users who are viewing this thread