Lag Problem, Saleen s-281 SC.

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
Hey guys, any of you with a 2001ish Saleen have this problem. The car has zero pick up until about 2400 RPM, and all the sudden it jerks to life and is the fastest car you've been in. It almost feels like a fuel, or tune problem. Under 2400 I can push the throttle down about 50%, you hear the blower start to spool up, the gauge starts to show psi, and the car feels like you are using about 10% throttle. Any suggestions on how to shake this issue down? :??:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Hey guys, any of you with a 2001ish Saleen have this problem. The car has zero pick up until about 2400 RPM, and all the sudden it jerks to life and is the fastest car you've been in. It almost feels like a fuel, or tune problem. Under 2400 I can push the throttle down about 50%, you hear the blower start to spool up, the gauge starts to show psi, and the car feels like you are using about 10% throttle. Any suggestions on how to shake this issue down? :??:

maybe the tune?

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
IIRC it's a tune problem from Saleen. Back when I was in college a friend of mine had a white 01sc and it did the same thing. He worked at a motorsports shop and when they stuck it on the dyno they figured out that the computer was drowning the motor in fuel too early.

Just a thought. Get it checked out.

fast ford brian

Established Member
mine had a bad bypass valve , it would stick till the rpms came up and then all the sudden it would come to life

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Hey guys, any of you with a 2001ish Saleen have this problem. The car has zero pick up until about 2400 RPM, and all the sudden it jerks to life and is the fastest car you've been in.

From your description, it does this:

images

It's in the tune, then.

(Couldn't resist...Good luck!)

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
I just ordered the boost actuator. Hopefully that will make a difference. If it doesn't, looks like a tune is next. Thanks for all the great advice!

cobra777

Autographx
Established Member
The verdict is in! I spent some time this past weekend putting in the new Boost Actuator, and sure enough, that was the problem! In fact, I can't remember the last time the car has run this good! Love it. Thanks for all your help guys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread