*~*Lady rear-ended me.. What bumper to get?*~*

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Hey what's up everyone!~ :)

Well.. It has happened again.. I was sitting at a light and some stupid lady who wasn't paying attention bumped my rear bumper. I didn't think the damage was bad until I cleaned the car up a little and noticed an imprint of her license plate. Ouch!

I believe everything's going to be covered under her insurance. Since a recon bumper is like $9 less than a new one, I'm going to just pay the difference and get a new bumper.

My question is, since I have a 99 Cobra and it says Mustang in the rear, should I go with an 01 bumper or an 03? The 03 is slightly more but I think would look way better. Will it look out of place with my 99 side skirts and front bumper? Also, anything different on the 99 to 01 rear bumpers?

PS.. I saw the other recent post on this topic but just wanted to confirm a few things.

Thanks a lot for your help!~ :)

-Aaron

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
03's look really decent on 99/01's. Look for pics, i know a few people on this board did it. -Dan

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
confirm? you just asked the exact same questions...and there are LOTS of pics in the other thread...FWIW, 03 bumper FTW...

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
quick01snake said:
confirm? you just asked the exact same questions...and there are LOTS of pics in the other thread...FWIW, 03 bumper FTW...

Thanks for the reply, but the question on fitment was never asked. If I need additional clips, etc. to install the 01/03 bumper I want to know before-hand.

I think I'm going with the 03. :)

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
99-04 V6 if running dumps
01 for a stock look
03-04 for a nice appearence mod

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
i'd get the 03. should'nt need anything else the shop that puts it on should have any additional clips on hand if they are needed.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
01 Cobra said:
i'd get the 03. should'nt need anything else the shop that puts it on should have any additional clips on hand if they are needed.

I'm going to install it at my shop and wanted to make sure we have everything. :)

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
saleen with filled letters ftmfw, theres some guy on here with a saleen rear bumper and the indented "saleen" letters are filled and it says "cobra", if you own a body shop and can do good bondo work you should just do what he did, hell it doesnt even need to say "cobra"

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
03 FTW... They will fit right in with nothing additional needed cept some nice stainless steel inserts from www.scottwinger.com.

7-26-2006004.jpg

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I would go with the 01 rear. I have the 03 rear and a tiny part of me regrets not going with the 01.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i say go for the 01. i like the stock look personally. i was tempted to spring for the 03 on mine, but realized later on that i wanted to embrace the new edge in me.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
03 for sure....
The 01 looks like a snow plow IMHO....
03 is SO much smoother and has a finnished look to it...

Users who are viewing this thread