lacquer paint help??

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
What age paint?

What are you trying to achieve? Tell us more about the task at hand.

Are you sure its lacquer and not just a single-stage enamel?

Need more info...

Burninout101

Established Member
It is a silver 76 vette. The car was repainted in 76 by the dealer and has more a blue hue to it then the regular silver vettes. The car is my girlfriends fathers car and was wanting to help him detail it out. There are scratches here and there on it but the paint over all is in great shape. The rear bumper was repainted in the mid-late 80s and is spiderweb cracking everywhere.

Thanks
Justen

Scott P

Established Member
There isn't a lot you can do about the cracking paint. I would suggest an oil heavy glaze like ClearKote Vanilla Moose to refresh the paint a bit, then go with EX-P on top to let teh metal flake sparkle and offer some nice gloss.

Burninout101

Established Member
Scott
Thanks for the reply man. Also THANK YOU for being very honest with me and calling me about the shipping from Houston to Lewisville. I put 2nd day and you can get it to me in 1 with ground. You guys have one of the best customer services just for being up front with me and not charging me needless cash. :bowdown: :beer: If you are ever in North Texas let me know I will guy you a drink.:beer:

Justen

Users who are viewing this thread