Lack of Fuel Problem

BraMas

Established Member
Last year I took my car to an open track day and the car ran excellent but 15 minutes into my session the car acted like it was running out of fuel at WOT.
I replaced the fuel pump and didn't make it back to the track until last night and the same thing started happening about 15 minutes into the track session and it started doing it again. Went back out about 1/2 later for my next session ran great for 15 minutes and did it again.
I assume something is telling the engine to shut down from being under load for such a long period of time. anyone have any ideas where to look?

CJK440

Established Member
Sure its fuel related? Could under hood temps be screwing with ignition?

BraMas

Established Member
my plan is to data log next time I'm at the track. I was just hopping someone had insight so I could try and fix it. Just kinda sucks to pay and only get to run 15min of a 20min session

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Go post this is the open track section. I know there are some guys running 4.6s O/T.

I believe you are experiencing some sort of a timing pull-out issue. This is likely based on your motor running hot. Do you have the TSB done for the cooling mod? I know it applied to Cobras but may have been for all 96 4.6s. Do you have a manual temp gauge?

Tom

BraMas

Established Member
My car has a 4V swap. only have the stock temp gauge.
I just figured i'd get more response in here is why I posted in here

Users who are viewing this thread