Votes: 3 12.0%
  • $25.00 per hr

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • anywhere in between 2 prices

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

pwrhungry

Established Member
By your explaination of the story it sounds like he is a friend that wanted to share his enjoyment of the s/c'er. I'd be pissed if a supposed friend told me I owe him $250 for helping me out. If you are a shop and he is not a friend why is he at your house? If it takes a shop 10 hours to troubleshoot they need to find a new line of work IMO. You charged him 3+ hours of troubleshooting time at a reputable performance shop. If anything ask him what he thinks he should pay you and let it fo for that and never help him again.

pwrhungry

Established Member
I agree in that case, I thought he was a friend. $250 is a deal to fix someones elses f'up.

stoney

Established Member
More than fair price!

I think it was more than reasonable! You went above and beyond and you were doing it on your own time. Some people will bitch about anything and everything. I will let you work on my car for $25 an hour. People think that auto mechanics are less deserving than other professions when it comes to labor prices. I say find a COLD 12 box and let it ride!!

:beer:

Stoney

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
What was the actual problem that you had to fix??? If it was major that could have cost alot more......... If it was simple like replace a fuse than I would be pissed!!!

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Hi all, I helped blwnpny push the guys car, {along way} and the only other option the guy had was to get it towed to Atlanta where the work was originally done.{100} plus the inconvienience of having to tow it.
this car sat in blwnpnys driveway for a few days, and was even worked on in the rain..
250?
Sounds like a steal to me....
L.

Wayneo

Established Member
What was wrong with it? Was it a shorted wire because that is usually the problem when the fuse keeps being blown

whippleblown03

Established Member
i have a friend who is an electrician and he replaced my breaker panel for $30.00 hr. took him about 10hrs. way cheaper than a contractor. i fixed his quad and boat. i charge him $30.00 hr. so far no problems. if he comes over and helps you on somehting for free then you shouldnt charge him. its a tough call and how each of you feel about each deal could end a friendship.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
I wish I could find a hooker who was my friend that I could fix stuff for free for me..
no wait a min.
My wife would not like that...
L.

fordracing19

Established Member
if you were going to charge him you should of quated him up front some kind of price. Reminds me of a dent guy that does work at our dealer. He was looking at the porters truck and noticed a ding in the hood. He said "you want me to pop that out right fast" and grabbed his dent tool. 5 min later he said that will be $50. The guy thought he was doing it for free since he just jumped right on it.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by blnpny
I charged $250.00 and he said he knew he could have gotten it done cheaper somewhere else. WTF
What did he think was a fair price??? Seems to me you hooked the guy up....

J15BIG

Established Member
250 sounds fair. but, when he left your house right after it broke, and you said you would fix it, did you say you were going to charge him. theres nothing worse then getting work done for free, then come to find out it wasnt free...

Users who are viewing this thread