LA Motorcars???

dizzygoat

Established Member
Anyone done business with them or know anyone that has? They are stocked with like 10 cobras and considered buying one whenever i get the money for my car.
they are in Dallas Fort worth area.

Or if anyone knows of a Mystic Cobra in Texas for sale lemme know, thanks guys/gals

Brad

iflyagfour

Established Member
I bought my Mystichrome from Auto Connection USA in Arlington. Good guys to deal with. They usually have some pretty bad ass stuff there.

AaronK

Established Member
Anyone done business with them or know anyone that has? They are stocked with like 10 cobras and considered buying one whenever i get the money for my car.
they are in Dallas Fort worth area.

Or if anyone knows of a Mystic Cobra in Texas for sale lemme know, thanks guys/gals

Brad

Personally, I would never buy a Cobra from a dealership. These are cars that were most likely either traded in because the owner couldn't get rid of it or bought at auction. Best bet is to get one in the Market section of this site from some one who has obviously taken very good care of their car. Too risky to get one from a dealership. These cars are VERY different than any car out there.

I haven’t personally bought anything from there but I received VERY poor customer service from them when I was in the market for an 03/04 Cobra. I know of a few people that were very unhappy with their purchase there as well as a few that are very pleased with the Cobra they bought from LA.

A little advice before buying anywhere… Know these cars like the back of your hand or take someone with you that does.

The first link has my post about my experiance with autoconnection usa on the first page.

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
Personally, I would never buy a Cobra from a dealership. These are cars that were most likely either traded in because the owner couldn't get rid of it or bought at auction. Best bet is to get one in the Market section of this site from some one who has obviously taken very good care of their car. Too risky to get one from a dealership. These cars are VERY different than any car out there.

How can you say that? Lol. You can get a bad car from anyone. Usually if a Terminator is clean a dealer wants alot or too much. Mine was a one owner and I even got to talk to the origanal owner before I bought. You need to know what your looking for and have a mech look it over before you buy. I traded in a TL six speed in perfect condition and they gave me more than top book value(way more) Dealer is also the best way to get the right financing for some buyers. A low mile car is more important to me. Its all about knowing what to look for and listen for(tick). On a side note auction cars cars are not all bad. Cars make it to auction for all kinds of reasons. Vin number can tell you where the car has been. All cars are different these arnt space ships. I was looking at M3s before the Cobra and they have issues as well to watch out for. Read up before you buy. Sorry for rambling on.:burnout:

Last edited:

AaronK

Established Member
How can you say that? Lol. You can get a bad car from anyone. Usually if a Terminator is clean a dealer wants alot or too much. Mine was a one owner and I even got to talk to the origanal owner before I bought. You need to know what your looking for and have a mech look it over before you buy. I traded in a TL six speed in perfect condition and they gave me more than top book value(way more) Dealer is also the best way to get the right financing for some buyers. A low mile car is more important to me. Its all about knowing what to look for and listen for(tick). On a side note auction cars cars are not all bad. Cars make it to auction for all kinds of reasons. Vin number can tell you where the car has been. All cars are different these arnt space ships. I was looking at M3s before the Cobra and they have issues as well to watch out for. Read up before you buy. Sorry for rambling on.:burnout:

Yes, dealers can have nice cars and good deals sometimes. But with the majority of LA’s cars coming from auction (along with many other dealers that specialize in high performance cars only) I wouldn’t take the $2x,xxx risk. Dealerships are there to make money. Granted, you can get screwed over just as much by an individual, but there is undeniably a greater risk with a dealership. I agree that no matter where you get your car from, you need to know what to look for. I would trust people on SVTP selling their Cobra with a high trader rating before I would even think about buying from another dealer. Furthermore, if you are going to a dealer for an 03/04 Cobra because financing is easier, you’re looking for the wrong car.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
LA Motorcars.... When I was in the market for a Cobra I was very interested in one of their cobras. I did some research and quickly changed my mind to not buy from them.

I will try to find some articles that talk about them...

ITS STOCK

Established Member
bought my car ther last year with 18k on it for 24k. Comp test 180 on all cyc. done by me.

most all mods in sig done to it.

One owner car.

They have some good ons and some bad ones just like anyone else.

Just look the car over real good.

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
like playing russian roulette.....

what he said i bought my from L A and my car was just fine, they sell the cars as is if its a ragged out peice of shit they will definitely sell you it and not care to let you know about its past

MysticDan

Established Member
I bought mine there it was an awsome experience. Flew down to Fort Worth on my 26th birthday. A guy named chris picked me up at the airport in a black vert and drove me to a car wash were I got to see my car get washed. I then drove it back to the shop were we did the paper work. Then drove it all the way back home to Iowa. I did get pulled over on the Kansas turn pike cause a rear lamp went out :cuss: Otherwise no problems!!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I agree....I prefer to buy from the market section on here...that's where I found mine...

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member

I haven’t personally bought anything from there but I received VERY poor customer service from them when I was in the market for an 03/04 Cobra. I know of a few people that were very unhappy with their purchase there as well as a few that are very pleased with the Cobra they bought from LA.

A little advice before buying anywhere… Know these cars like the back of your hand or take someone with you that does.

The first link has my post about my experiance with autoconnection usa on the first page.

i bought my car from bonell ford. never had a problem with it. car was bought at bonell ford new in 03, serviced at bonell,then traded in at bonell on a f-150.
then i got my hands on it :rockon:. car had a catback and cai when i got it.

Last edited:

Jocko

Established Member
Didn't buy a car, but

I bought some headers from them. I'd buy a car from them. Everyone is in business to make money- but I didn't get the impression that they were in business to unload a lemon on the first sucker that wandered on the lot like some other dealerships I visited when I was looking for my 03. They know these cars, unlike a lot of salesman at other dealerships.

Users who are viewing this thread